The importance of communicating strategy to your team
18th November 2019
By Andrew Lucas
Jinfo has consistently highlighted the importance of setting a strategy to support the organisation and manage risks and opportunities but if it isn't implemented in the right way it will be ineffective. This article looks at the important role of information centre staff in communicating and developing a strategic plan and what practical steps you can take within your own organisation to bring this about.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is available to Jinfo clients.
Is your organisation a Jinfo client?
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
- Article title: The importance of communicating strategy to your team
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Making objectives concrete - operationalising strategy in content acquisitions
Friday, 1st November 2019
- Managing your portfolio as part of your strategy (part three - communicating with stakeholders)
Wednesday, 30th October 2019
- Creating networks as part of your strategy
Monday, 21st October 2019
- Jinfo model - overcoming the challenges to progress
Tuesday, 10th March 2020
- Jinfo model - managing your portfolio as part of your strategy
Thursday, 24th October 2019
"My stakeholders finally understand what we do" – Senior Information Manager, manufacturing industry
Work on information strategy in 2022 with Jinfo if you want to:
- Measure, communicate and improve the ROI of information
- Consistently dedicate time to strategy, despite competing demands
- Build on methods tested and proven in other organisations.
For more on how your organisation benefits and how to get started, check out our "Spotlight on strategy".
- There's no information strategy without stakeholder engagement
Wednesday, 1st December 2021
- Measure the impact of information with Value Chain analysis
Monday, 22nd November 2021
- You know more than you think you do
Tuesday, 16th November 2021
- Stakeholder engagement strategy – tips and tools (Community) Tuesday, 22nd February 2022
- Overcoming the barriers to progress on information strategy (Community) Tuesday, 11th January 2022
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021