Usage data in contract negotiations
23rd March 2021
[Focus: Content Portfolio]
We know that usage is only one component of what constitutes “value” but it is a very important component. But many content portfolio managers have difficulty:
- Getting reliable usage data
- Using data in “apples to apples” comparisons
- Interpreting data to clarify the value of a product or service.
This Community session involved discussion on usage data as part of contract negotiations for information and data products. We discussed how, when and why usage data is most valuable, as well as common challenges and how to overcome them.
If you missed this session, download the report to review the anonymised notes from the discussion.
Slide presentation and notes
This event has passed, and a recording and/or slide deck is available for customers with a Jinfo Subscription.
If you have a Jinfo Subscription, please sign in here so that we can check your account:
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - the content licensing "dream team"
Thursday, 8th April 2021
- Research update - bridging the gap between buyers and suppliers
Thursday, 25th March 2021
- Research update - our Community is your community, especially if you license content
Thursday, 11th March 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step one - set goals and priorities)
Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Community deck - pricing models for information and data licensing
Monday, 8th March 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Scorecards - setting goals and priorities (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021