Plan your work, work your plan
9th June 2022
[Focus: Centre of Excellence]
You’ve finished strategic planning and created a clear vision for your most successful future.
There’s nothing more frustrating than realising six months have gone by and you still haven’t made progress on those exciting improvements. Some of the reasons information teams find themselves in this position might include:
- “Business as usual” has gotten in the way
- Unexpected loss of team capacity due to resignations or medical leave
- Original strategy was too ambitious for the available capacity
- You’ve gotten stuck on some element of the strategy and haven’t been able to carve out the thinking time to work out what’s next.
The gap between vision and execution is an all-too-common challenge for busy information teams. The solution is to “plan your work, work your plan”.
Jinfo’s Focus on Centre of Excellence now includes guidance on the process we take with clients to bridge the gap between strategy and execution. These activities enable you to break down the long-term vision into workable chunks, plan realistically for available capacity, and identify key milestones along the way.
During this Community session, we discussed the practical actions that make strategy reality. We reviewed:
- How to translate your vision into a practical work plan
- Building the structure and discipline to stay on track with strategy whilst maintaining "business as usual".
See the report below to learn practical tips from other information teams making progress on their strategic plans.
Slide presentation and notes
This event has passed, and a recording and/or slide deck is available for Jinfo clients.
If you are a client, please sign in here so that we can check your account:
Building competitive advantage
9th February 2023
"Happy anniversary Jinfo, née FreePint"
4th January 2023
25 years, 600 editions, 500 contributors. Jinfo has come a long way, and so has the value of information work. However, information leaders still need to win the war for talent, hold vendors to account, and keep an eye on competitors.Read on the Blog
- What a difference a year makes….
31st January 2023
- Happy anniversary Jinfo, née FreePint
4th January 2023
- 2022: the more things change, the more they stay the same
29th November 2022