Community deck - Plan your work, work your plan
16th June 2022
You’ve finished strategic planning and created a clear vision for your most successful future.
There’s nothing more frustrating than realising six months have gone by and you still haven’t made progress on those exciting improvements. Some of the reasons information teams find themselves in this position might include:
- “Business as usual” has gotten in the way
- Unexpected loss of team capacity due to resignations or medical leave
- Original strategy was too ambitious for the available capacity
- You’ve gotten stuck on some element of the strategy and haven’t been able to carve out the thinking time to work out what’s next.
The gap between vision and execution is an all-too-common challenge for busy information teams. The solution is to “plan your work, work your plan”.
Jinfo’s Focus on Centre of Excellence now includes guidance on the process we take with clients to bridge the gap between strategy and execution. These activities enable you to break down the long-term vision into workable chunks, plan realistically for available capacity, and identify key milestones along the way.
During this Community session, we discussed the practical actions that make strategy reality. We reviewed:
- How to translate your vision into a practical work plan
- Building the structure and discipline to stay on track with strategy whilst maintaining "business as usual".
See the report below to learn practical tips from other information teams making progress on their strategic plans.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is available to Jinfo clients.
Is your organisation a Jinfo client?
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
"Is your strategic plan in a mid-year slump?"
15th June 2022
If progress on your strategy seems stuck, it may be time to revisit your operational plan. The latest resources in Jinfo's Focus on Centre of Excellence offer step-by-step guidance on how to break down a Big Vision into manageable, measurable pieces. Learn more about the practical steps you can take to get from Point A to Point B without overloading your team's capacity.Read on the Blog
- Meet these four requirements to make progress on information strategy
Wednesday, 29th June 2022
- Is your strategic plan in a mid-year slump?
Wednesday, 15th June 2022
- Does your data tell a story to your stakeholders?
Wednesday, 25th May 2022
- The Inside Circle – let’s talk talent (Community) Monday, 31st October 2022
- The Inside Circle – let’s talk suppliers (Community) Friday, 30th September 2022
- Plan your work, work your plan (Community) Thursday, 9th June 2022
- Centre of Excellence (step seven - ready, aim, fire) (Webinar) Tuesday, 28th June 2022
- Centre of Excellence (step six - making strategy operational) (Webinar) Wednesday, 15th June 2022
- Making data meaningful (Webinar) Tuesday, 17th May 2022