Community deck - Plan your work, work your plan
16th June 2022
You’ve finished strategic planning and created a clear vision for your most successful future.
There’s nothing more frustrating than realising six months have gone by and you still haven’t made progress on those exciting improvements. Some of the reasons information teams find themselves in this position might include:
- “Business as usual” has gotten in the way
- Unexpected loss of team capacity due to resignations or medical leave
- Original strategy was too ambitious for the available capacity
- You’ve gotten stuck on some element of the strategy and haven’t been able to carve out the thinking time to work out what’s next.
The gap between vision and execution is an all-too-common challenge for busy information teams. The solution is to “plan your work, work your plan”.
Jinfo’s Focus on Centre of Excellence now includes guidance on the process we take with clients to bridge the gap between strategy and execution. These activities enable you to break down the long-term vision into workable chunks, plan realistically for available capacity, and identify key milestones along the way.
During this Community session, we discussed the practical actions that make strategy reality. We reviewed:
- How to translate your vision into a practical work plan
- Building the structure and discipline to stay on track with strategy whilst maintaining "business as usual".
See the report below to learn practical tips from other information teams making progress on their strategic plans.
Access to Jinfo Content and Community is available to Jinfo clients.
Is your organisation a Jinfo client?
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Holding vendors to account
Thursday, 15th December 2022
[New] The Jinfo Subscription is back by popular demand!
13th October 2022
"Are you in a "proactive state of resilience"?"
15th November 2022
With the year end looming, our clients are closing out their 2022 deliverables and turning their attention to 2023 and the challenge of a more uncertain operating environment.Read on the Blog
- 2022: the more things change, the more they stay the same
Tuesday, 29th November 2022
- Are you in a "proactive state of resilience"?
Tuesday, 15th November 2022
- Strategies for succeeding in the final quarter
Wednesday, 26th October 2022
- Let’s talk talent (Community) Tuesday, 10th January 2023
- Holding vendors to account (Community) Thursday, 15th December 2022
- Cost reduction strategies for content portfolios (Community) Tuesday, 22nd November 2022
- Centre of Excellence (step seven - ready, aim, fire) (Webinar) Tuesday, 28th June 2022
- Centre of Excellence (step six - making strategy operational) (Webinar) Wednesday, 15th June 2022
- Making data meaningful (Webinar) Tuesday, 17th May 2022