Community deck - Plan your work, work your plan
16th June 2022
You’ve finished strategic planning and created a clear vision for your most successful future.
There’s nothing more frustrating than realising six months have gone by and you still haven’t made progress on those exciting improvements. Some of the reasons information teams find themselves in this position might include:
- “Business as usual” has gotten in the way
- Unexpected loss of team capacity due to resignations or medical leave
- Original strategy was too ambitious for the available capacity
- You’ve gotten stuck on some element of the strategy and haven’t been able to carve out the thinking time to work out what’s next.
The gap between vision and execution is an all-too-common challenge for busy information teams. The solution is to “plan your work, work your plan”.
Jinfo’s Focus on Centre of Excellence now includes guidance on the process we take with clients to bridge the gap between strategy and execution. These activities enable you to break down the long-term vision into workable chunks, plan realistically for available capacity, and identify key milestones along the way.
During this Community session, we discussed the practical actions that make strategy reality. We reviewed:
- How to translate your vision into a practical work plan
- Building the structure and discipline to stay on track with strategy whilst maintaining "business as usual".
See the report below to learn practical tips from other information teams making progress on their strategic plans.
Access to Jinfo Content and Community is available to Jinfo clients.
Is your organisation a Jinfo client?
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Access to this report is available to Jinfo clients. Becoming a client will help your organisation:
- Save time and money
- Re-invent information services
- Define, measure and communicate information value.
Submit the Enquiry form to find out if your organisation is already a client or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Community deck - Plan your work, work your plan
- Pages: 12
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Plan your work, work your plan
Thursday, 12th May 2022
Let's talk about managing up
20th April 2023
[New] The Jinfo Subscription is back by popular demand!
"The goalposts keep moving..."
1st March 2023
Corporate belt-tightening continues and we are all being asked to do "more with less". But how practical is it to maintain service levels with diminishing resources? Before the straw breaks the proverbial camel's back, how do information leaders proactively manage stakeholders' expectations and resist the urge to "make do and mend" when budgets are tight?Read on the Blog
- The goalposts keep moving…
1st March 2023
- What a difference a year makes….
1st February 2023
- Happy anniversary Jinfo, née FreePint
4th January 2023
- Community session [May 2023] (Community) 23rd May 2023
- Let’s talk about managing up (Community) 20th April 2023
- Let's talk offshoring strategies (Community) 9th March 2023