Impact of artificial intelligence
23rd May 2023
Artificial intelligence (AI), and more specifically generative AI, has well and truly arrived, with ChatGPT and Google Bard being the best known examples of an emerging cohort of products.
But it is not without controversy, with some organisations and countries banning it, and leading technologists calling for a pause on further development.
Recently released reports estimate that 25% of all jobs could be automated, impacting over 300 million workers across the developed world. But those reports also recognise that people will move into other (yet to be identified) roles that AI cannot fulfil.
Having discussed the potential impact with Jinfo’s clients, colleagues and suppliers, there are a wide range of reactions and perspectives on AI’s role and ramifications for the business information industry.
One thing everyone agrees on is the need to be part of the discussion about the potential benefits and pitfalls of this technology within their organisation, and the information industry as a whole.
Our May Community session provided an opportunity to discuss these developments and considered how information teams can contribute to the wider conversation.
Access to Jinfo Content and Community is available through a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
Access to this Community session is available through a Jinfo Subscription, which will help your organisation:
- Save time and money
- Re-invent information services
- Define, measure and communicate information value.
Please complete the Registration Enquiry form below and we will check if your organisation has access and contact you to confirm either way.
Contact us to find out if your organisation already has a Jinfo Subscription.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- The impact of (generative) artificial intelligence
Tuesday, 30th May 2023
Pivoting to meet the GenAI challenge
13th December 2023
Empower your stakeholders
5th December 2023
Jinfo December 2023 Update
7th December 2023
- Empower your stakeholders
5th December 2023
- "Need to know" content purchasing
8th November 2023
- How do you articulate your value? Do you need to licence content for generative AI? Are you planning for your succession?
3rd October 2023
- Pivoting to meet the GenAI challenge (Community) 13th December 2023
- Content portfolio needs analysis (Community) 16th November 2023
- Legal implications of licensing third party content for GenAI (Community) 24th October 2023