How have your needs for product evaluation changed?
5th November 2020
[Focus: Content Portfolio]
Information teams are busier than ever. Meanwhile, business needs and use cases for information products are more complex, and the marketplace changes all the time.
This Community session brought together information professionals from a range of industries, Jinfo analysts responsible for product reviews, other experts in the field to discuss what’s needed for product evaluations, in 2021 and beyond. We looked at:
- Our current format for reviews - what you like, what you don’t like, how you use them, and how to improve them
- What we cover and why
- How to incorporate more "voice of the customer" feedback into the Jinfo resources you have access to.
Also joining us were Jinfo analysts, who brought their perspective on the nuts-and-bolts of researching and writing reviews.
Finally, we looked at current recommended practice for engaging with your internal stakeholders and users to better understand their use cases, and thus improve your own approach to evaluating and recommending products on their behalf.
If you missed the session, download the anonymised notes from the discussion. And if you have additional input on what you need in our Focus on Product Evaluation, contact us at any time.
Slide presentation and notes
This event has passed, and a recording and/or slide deck is available for customers with a Jinfo Subscription.
If you have a Jinfo Subscription, please sign in here so that we can check your account:
- Community event title: How have your needs for product evaluation changed?
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Community deck - how have your needs for product evaluation changed?
Thursday, 12th November 2020
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - the content licensing "dream team"
Thursday, 8th April 2021
- Research update - bridging the gap between buyers and suppliers
Thursday, 25th March 2021
- Research update - our Community is your community, especially if you license content
Thursday, 11th March 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step one - set goals and priorities)
Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Community deck - pricing models for information and data licensing
Monday, 8th March 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them (Community) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Scorecards - selecting components and designing scoring systems (Webinar) Tuesday, 4th May 2021
- Scorecards - setting goals and priorities (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021