Community deck - how have your needs for product evaluation changed?
12th November 2020
Information teams are busier than ever. Meanwhile, business needs and use cases for information products are more complex, and the marketplace changes all the time.
This Community session brought together information professionals from a range of industries, Jinfo analysts responsible for product reviews, other experts in the field to discuss what’s needed for product evaluations, in 2021 and beyond. We looked at:
- Our current format for reviews - what you like, what you don’t like, how you use them, and how to improve them
- What we cover and why
- How to incorporate more "voice of the customer" feedback into the Jinfo resources you have access to.
Also joining us were Jinfo analysts, who brought their perspective on the nuts-and-bolts of researching and writing reviews.
Finally, we looked at current recommended practice for engaging with your internal stakeholders and users to better understand their use cases, and thus improve your own approach to evaluating and recommending products on their behalf.
If you missed the session, download the anonymised notes from the discussion. And if you have additional input on what you need in our Focus on Product Evaluation, contact us at any time.
This is the slide deck and speaker notes from the Jinfo Community session "How have your needs for product evaluation changed?", which ran on 5th November 2020
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Community deck - how have your needs for product evaluation changed?
- Pages: 20
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- How have your needs for product evaluation changed?
Thursday, 1st October 2020
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021