FreePint Report: Monitoring and Mining Social Media and News
29th August 2012
The rise of Web 2.0 has opened virtual gold mines of new forms of data that can be mined and analysed for an organisation's purposes. The days when almost all the sources analysts could rely on were one-way sources, from the creator to the consumer, are over.
The articles in this report examine the implications and impacts of this change on organisations, analysts and their work.
Table of Contents:
- Editorial Introduction by Aileen Marshall
- Using third-party tools to mine social sites for competitive intelligence by Aileen Marshall
- Is content becoming anti-social? by Dean Mason
- Add news to workflow: aggregation moves up a gear by Penny Crossland
- Social CRM - how do you pick the winners? by Tim Buckley Owen
- Opfine: "Real-time" financial, company and market sentiment: Part 1 by Scott Brown
- Opfine: "Real-time" financial, company and market sentiment: Part 2 by Scott Brown
- Misspellings, gibberish, sarcasm and slang - welcome to the world of sentiment analytics by Tim Buckley Owen
- FreePint Buyer's Guide: Media monitoring
- About the Editor
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"My colleagues and I used your Known Fors activity, and we now have a vision as to who we are going to be. We already achieved ROI... a sincere thanks!" Director of Research and Information Services, international law firm
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - design your strongest future as a Centre of Excellence
Thursday, 3rd June 2021
- The Information Centre of Excellence – a flexible model of value, resilience and strategy
Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Research update - one step at a time towards developing scorecards
Thursday, 20th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service)
Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step one - map your services to the model)
Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Community deck - negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A
Monday, 26th April 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers (Community) Tuesday, 13th July 2021
- Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors (Community) Tuesday, 15th June 2021
- Scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them (Community) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors) (Webinar) Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service) (Webinar) Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step one - map your services to the model) (Webinar) Tuesday, 25th May 2021