Product Review of Thomson Innovation
18th December 2015
Review of Thomson Innovation, Thomson Reuters' primary patent database.
- Discusses the main audience for the product, and its key value, including a unique selling point and other features which make it stand out.
- Looks in-depth at the content and coverage and details TI's global reach of 90 patent authorities, including some with full-text content. The review also considers additional modules offered and methods for accessing the data.
- Takes a detailed look at the technology, tests out the search options, display and alerts.
- Highlights what the reviewer considers to be particularly impressive functions and the range of outputs offered, as well as the choice of visualisation methods for analysing results.
- Identifies main competitors Questel Orbit IP, CPA Global Discovery, LexisNexis TotalPatent, Innography Advanced Analysis and PatSeer. Pricing and training are also covered.
Reviewed by Scott Vine
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of Content and Community.
Does your organisation have access to Content and Community?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
- Report title: Product Review of Thomson Innovation
- Pages: 30
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Product Review of Thomson Innovation (Competitors, Development & Pricing)
Thursday, 17th December 2015
- Product Review of Thomson Innovation (Technology - Search & User Interface; Outputs & Alerts; Administration & Help)
Wednesday, 16th December 2015
- Product Review of Thomson Innovation (Sources - Content & Coverage)
Tuesday, 15th December 2015
- Product Review of Thomson Innovation (Introduction; Value; Contact Details)
Monday, 14th December 2015
"I never before fully appreciated the role the information service plays in R&D productivity and innovation. This isn't something that benefits our department; this is something that benefits the whole of R&D."
You can make the impact of information on successful R&D visible and measurable, with Value Chain analysis.
Let us help you map Jinfo's Focus areas to your particular challenges with information strategy and operations.
- Gain confidence and trust through new vocabulary
Wednesday, 13th October 2021
- Manage your content portfolio for risk
Monday, 11th October 2021
- Is your content advisory board primed for strategy in 2022?
Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021