Model - Understanding IT Characteristics
23rd February 2016
The Jinfo Community session, "Step One to Alignment Between IS and IT", examined in part how to reset our perceptions of IT, as a building block to creating better alignment between the two departments.
This table offers a starting point for recognising the positive aspects of what makes a good IT person, what happens when we experience the "dark side" of those aspects, and what positive actions you can take to help reroute your interactions towards a better working relationship.
Use this worksheet when you need to take a step back from a difficult relationship in order to assess where the pain points are and how to address them, in preparation for an upcoming project with IT, or to keep a positive relationship going.
This document accompanies the article "The Role of Research in Realigning Your Relationship With IT".
Produced by Shimrit Janes
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is available to Jinfo clients.
Is your organisation a Jinfo client?
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
- Report title: Model - Understanding IT Characteristics
- Pages: 3
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- The Role of the Facilitator in Effective Meetings
Wednesday, 9th March 2016
- A More Structured Way of Working with IT
Tuesday, 1st March 2016
- Where Does Information Services Sit in Your Organisation? And Why Does it Matter?
Thursday, 25th February 2016
- The Role of Research in Realigning Your Relationship With IT
Tuesday, 23rd February 2016
- All the Ways We Can Misunderstand IT Colleagues
Friday, 19th February 2016
Collective wisdom for Jinfo clients - Community sessions
Upcoming Community sessions offer peer-based problem-solving on the challenges of information strategy:
- Build your information strategy – get started, keep going, 20th January
- Stakeholder engagement strategy – tips and tools, 22nd February
- Validate the value of information – you are the expert, 29th March.
Make the most of this client benefit – register today.
- Get started, then keep going, on information strategy
Tuesday, 11th January 2022
- Big ideas move forward with small steps
Wednesday, 15th December 2021
- There's no information strategy without stakeholder engagement
Wednesday, 1st December 2021
- Validate the value of information – you are the expert (Community) Tuesday, 29th March 2022
- Stakeholder engagement strategy – tips and tools (Community) Tuesday, 22nd February 2022
- Build your information strategy – get started, keep going (Community) Thursday, 20th January 2022
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021