Shimrit Janes is director of knowledge for Digital Workplace Group, as well as an independent researcher and consultant specialising the digital workplace and knowledge management. She"s particularly interested in enabling knowledge sharing and collaboration through the digital workplace, as well as the areas of organisational readiness and culture. Find Shimrit on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Articles by Shimrit Janes:
My Favourite Tipples from a director of knowledge
Wednesday, 20th June 2018
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Shimrit Janes, researcher and consultant for the digital workplace. She shares some of her go-to sources to keep up with emergent trends and established best practice.
How to assess your organisation's information literacy level
Thursday, 30th March 2017
Knowledge professionals know that information literacy is essential to an organisation, but mapping out a journey towards this can be difficult. A recent Jinfo Community session explored this topic and the resulting model, developed by Jinfo's director of research, Robin Neidorf, is explored in this article. This maturity model can help you plan your information literacy activities by working out where you currently are and prioritising what areas to focus on for improvement.
Can you accurately track users, usage and value of your information products?
Wednesday, 8th March 2017
The relationship between usage and value remains a sore point for many information professionals. There's an assumption that increased usage is always desirable, but the reality is that usage is a far more complex beast that, if to be useful, needs to be better rooted in the context of the goals being achieved.
How you can identify and influence data analytics projects
Friday, 9th December 2016
Information professionals often find out too late about their organisation's data analytics projects, and are having to swoop in after finding out that the project is misusing data and licences. To try and address this risk, Jinfo has developed a three-step approach to help information teams spot, join, and influence data analytics project teams.
What's at stake if information services are excluded from data analytics projects?
Friday, 2nd December 2016
The inclusion of information professionals within data analytics projects brings their unique skill set to the table: deep source and consulting expertise. Conversely, the exclusion of information professionals from data analytics projects risks wasted time, wasted money, siloed working, and ill-defined business requirements. Jinfo held two Community sessions to explore precisely what's at stake, and how information services can be a valuable partner within this emergent area.
Reports by Shimrit Janes:
Jinfo model - prioritising users for information skills
Wednesday, 8th February 2017
It"s essential to prioritise training in information skills and using a risk-based approach can help you make the case with stakeholders. This Jinfo m...
Jinfo model - researching and planning for data analytics risks
Thursday, 24th November 2016
The Jinfo Webinar "Identify - and overcome - the most common data analytics risks", part of Jinfo"s current Research Focus "Da...
Jinfo model - create your 12-month plan for data analytics
Friday, 28th October 2016
The Jinfo Webinar "Create your plan for data analytics, presented a three-stage methodology for preparing your information tea...
The Information Team with "The Right Stuff"
Monday, 9th May 2016
How should the ideal information team look? What skills are required, can you build your team, train your staff and nurture skills to cope with an unc...
What You Can "Own" and What You Can Influence
Monday, 18th April 2016
A recent Jinfo Community session discussed how information professionals bring unique expertise in three interrelated areas...
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021