Jinfo survey on data analytics - 2016
8th December 2016
As part of Jinfo's current Research Focus "Data analytics - ready your information service", we surveyed how analytics is showing up in organisations. Robin Neidorf analyses the results and:
- Highlights intriguing evidence as to the way that information staff are positioning themselves and their expertise within this emerging area
- Discusses whether the way forward is clear, or whether data analytics has yet to find its home within organisations
- Finds out what activities are carried out by information managers
- Examines the results to see how well are they and their organisations are prepared for data analytics
- Spotlights respondents' biggest concerns
- Examines how information professionals can address these concerns to help establish data analytics as a successful area of information practice.
Produced by Robin Neidorf
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Jinfo survey on data analytics - 2016
- Pages: 16
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Will information professionals help drive the data analytics train or be left on the platform?
Friday, 10th November 2017
- Jinfo survey on data analytics (part 3 - biggest concerns about analytics)
Monday, 12th December 2016
- Jinfo survey on data analytics (part 2 - current activities and attitudes around analytics)
Friday, 9th December 2016
- Jinfo survey on data analytics (part 1 - characteristics of respondents and positioning of analytics)
Thursday, 8th December 2016
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021