Product review of Dow Jones DNA
12th October 2017
In our product review of the new Dow Jones Data, News and Analytics platform (DNA), we look at its unique ability to enable developers to extract, manipulate and analyse content from Dow Jones services. DNA Snapshots, the primary focus of this review, supports rapid downloading of very large quantities of data for purposes such as text mining. DNA Streams also supports streaming of content and data, for those who wish to access information in real-time.
- Introduces the new Dow Jones DNA platform, currently in beta release
- Covers sources available from proprietary Dow Jones business and financial content as well as other licensed sources
- Highlights its value and use-cases, particularly in the financial services, insurance and healthcare industries
- Looks at the value it brings to customers, specifically for text mining and analytics
- Identifies possibilities for advanced filtering using Dow Jones Intelligent Indexing
- Covers product maturity and development plans
- Includes pricing information
- Discusses the competitor landscape, in particular, LexisNexis Newsdesk.
Reviewed by Chris Porter.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Product review of Dow Jones DNA
- Pages: 15
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Q&A with Linguamatics - digging deep into unstructured text
Thursday, 28th December 2017
- Product review of Factiva (key advantages; introduction; contact details)
Tuesday, 28th November 2017
- Product review of Dow Jones DNA (value - help & training; competitors; development; pricing)
Tuesday, 17th October 2017
- Product review of Dow Jones DNA (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Monday, 16th October 2017
- Product review of Dow Jones DNA (sources - content & coverage)
Friday, 13th October 2017
- Product review of Dow Jones DNA (key advantages; introduction; contact details)
Wednesday, 11th October 2017
- Market landscape - text and sentiment analytics
Tuesday, 7th November 2017
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"Jinfo's Pillars of Service and Known Fors activities feed our overall mission and vision. Everything we do has to align with these, and if it doesn't, we ask the question, 'Why are we doing this?' We can communicate more effectively what we do and move away from the transactional view. Let me stress... there is a huge return on this work. It allows us to chart our own destiny." Director of Information Services, pharmaceutical industry
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021