Jinfo survey - data analytics needs and concerns 2017
22nd December 2017
As part of Jinfo's Research Focus, "Stake your claim in the success of data analytics", we surveyed respondents about their data analytics needs and concerns, including reporting lines for analytics projects, types of internal and external data projects, skill gaps in information centres, and information team involvement in projects. We also analysed concerns around licensing challenges, and how to improve relationships with vendors licensing data.
This report includes analysis in three sections:
- Introduction, respondents, and roles in analytics projects
- Information team contributions, skills and characteristics for analytics success
- Data supply, costs and other vendor-related concerns.
Produced by Robin Neidorf
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Jinfo survey - data analytics needs and concerns 2017
- Pages: 16
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Become an authority on external data for analytics
Wednesday, 31st January 2018
- Jinfo data analytics survey (part 3 - data supply, costs and other vendor-related concerns)
Friday, 22nd December 2017
- Jinfo data analytics survey (part 2 - information team contributions, skills and characteristics for analytics success)
Wednesday, 20th December 2017
- Jinfo data analytics survey (part 1 - introduction, respondents, and roles in analytics projects)
Tuesday, 19th December 2017
- Tracking trends in data analytics
Friday, 10th November 2017
- Consistent & emerging themes in data analytics
Thursday, 2nd November 2017
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021