Product review of Aurora FirstLight
25th January 2018
Aurora's FirstLight is a Software as a Service (SaaS) product and a powerful competitive intelligence product that uses machine-learning algorithms to mine public and private data sources and can help organisations make more informed business decisions. The product appeals to library and information professionals, those working in competitive intelligence, and sales and marketing staff.
This review looks at:
- The company and product
- Highlights the platform's key advantages and who benefits from using it
- The intuitive user interface, including the dashboard and accompanying widgets which can be used to tailor content
- Competitor landscape - from Google Alerts to homegrown software search and analytics as well as Manzama and Tableau
- Internal and external content sources including access to LexisNexis Metabase content which gives users access to over 50,000 print and online news and social media sources
- The product roadmap
- How administrators can get value from the product
- Covers the help and training available within the product
By Scott Vine.
Update: A new review of this product is available here »
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Product review of Aurora FirstLight
- Pages: 32
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Product review of InfoNgen (value - help & training; competitors; development; pricing)
Friday, 27th November 2020
- Product review of InfoNgen (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts and administration)
Thursday, 26th November 2020
- Product review of InfoNgen (key advantages; introduction; contact details)
Tuesday, 24th November 2020
- Q&A with InfoNgen - news aggregation & personalisation engine
Wednesday, 7th February 2018
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (help & training; administration; competitors; pricing)
Tuesday, 30th January 2018
- Northern Light applies powerful machine learning to its search functionality
Monday, 29th January 2018
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Monday, 29th January 2018
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (sources - content & coverage)
Friday, 26th January 2018
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (key advantages; introduction; contact details)
Thursday, 25th January 2018
- Product review of InfoNgen
Friday, 13th April 2018
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"My colleagues and I used your Known Fors activity, and we now have a vision as to who we are going to be. We already achieved ROI... a sincere thanks!" Director of Research and Information Services, international law firm
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - one process, three new tangible benefits
Thursday, 22nd July 2021
- Research update - resolve the frustrations of content portfolio management
Thursday, 8th July 2021
- Research update - what do you want to be known for?
Thursday, 17th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service)
Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics) (Webinar) Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors) (Webinar) Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service) (Webinar) Wednesday, 26th May 2021