Product review of Aurora's FirstLight
11th January 2021
Aurora's FirstLight is an intelligence SaaS (Software as a Service) platform, and a powerful competitive intelligence product. It uses machine learning algorithms to mine public and private data sources and can help organisations make more informed business decisions.
Jinfo last looked at the product at the beginning of 2018 and we now take another look to find out what's changed.
Introduces the company and product as well as outlining some of its key advantages
Looks at the product's users, particularly library and information professionals, and those working in the competitive intelligence field as well as sales and marketing staff
Examines how the product has evolved since we last reviewed it in 2018
Covers the help and training available within the product
Delves into the technology behind the product, with a specific focus on its automation capabilities, and its use of big data and natural language processing
Explores how a user would interact with the system and the process involved in a typical implementation of the Enterprise Edition
Focuses on the competitor landscape which includes big names such as LexisNexis, Thomson Reuters and Dow Jones as well as Meltwater, Manzama, and Northern Light, amongst others
Highlights the range of external and internal sources that can be included in this highly customised application, including paid subscriptions, social media, blogs, scientific journals and news databases, to name a few
Finds out about its range of pricing options
Concludes with a look at what product enhancements are in the pipeline over the next few years, including continued enhancements to the user interface, user experience and to the data visualisations.
By Andrew Lucas
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Product review of Aurora's FirstLight
- Pages: 22
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight (sources - content and coverage)
Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight (key advantages, introduction and contact details)
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Competitive intelligence meets current awareness in Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 5th February 2018
Latest in this Focus: Scorecards. Use Jinfo's step-by-step methodology to craft scorecards to strengthen negotiations, communicate with stakeholders, compare value of products and manage your portfolio more strategically.
What's your priority?
Use our self-assessment worksheet to determine your pathway towards more strategic portfolio management:
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - solve three problems when you develop scorecards
Thursday, 6th May 2021
- Research update - start with scorecards - adapt and adopt, for far-reaching benefit
Thursday, 22nd April 2021
- Research update - the content licensing "dream team"
Thursday, 8th April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step five - capture inputs)
Tuesday, 18th May 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step four - document scores)
Thursday, 22nd April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step three - design your scoring system)
Wednesday, 21st April 2021
- Community deck - negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A
Monday, 26th April 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Community deck - pricing models for information and data licensing
Monday, 8th March 2021
- Scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them (Community) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Scorecards - designing and documenting scoring systems (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step two - select components) (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step one - set goals and priorities) (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021