Product review of Aurora's FirstLight
11th January 2021
Aurora's FirstLight is an intelligence SaaS (Software as a Service) platform, and a powerful competitive intelligence product. It uses machine learning algorithms to mine public and private data sources and can help organisations make more informed business decisions.
Jinfo last looked at the product at the beginning of 2018 and we now take another look to find out what's changed.
Introduces the company and product as well as outlining some of its key advantages
Looks at the product's users, particularly library and information professionals, and those working in the competitive intelligence field as well as sales and marketing staff
Examines how the product has evolved since we last reviewed it in 2018
Covers the help and training available within the product
Delves into the technology behind the product, with a specific focus on its automation capabilities, and its use of big data and natural language processing
Explores how a user would interact with the system and the process involved in a typical implementation of the Enterprise Edition
Focuses on the competitor landscape which includes big names such as LexisNexis, Thomson Reuters and Dow Jones as well as Meltwater, Manzama, and Northern Light, amongst others
Highlights the range of external and internal sources that can be included in this highly customised application, including paid subscriptions, social media, blogs, scientific journals and news databases, to name a few
Finds out about its range of pricing options
Concludes with a look at what product enhancements are in the pipeline over the next few years, including continued enhancements to the user interface, user experience and to the data visualisations.
By Andrew Lucas
Access to Jinfo Content and Community is available through a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
Access to this report is available through a Jinfo Subscription, which will help your organisation:
- Save time and money
- Re-invent information services
- Define, measure and communicate information value.
Contact us to find out if your organisation already has a Jinfo Subscription.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Product review of Aurora's FirstLight
- Pages: 22
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight (sources - content and coverage)
Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight (key advantages, introduction and contact details)
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Competitive intelligence meets current awareness in Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 5th February 2018
Learn about the vital role of nurturing the talent pipeline and succession. There's now a legal cut of our news and current awareness survey. And a real need for information managers to assert themselves to maximise the value of generative AI and mitigate the risks.Read on the Blog
- Talent management, legal news cut, generative AI developments and new products
5th September 2023
- News and current awareness, GenAI, talent development and pharma and bioscience CI are in all in our sights
2nd August 2023
- GenAI developments and competitive intelligence in pharma and biosciences
4th July 2023
- Legal implications of licensing third party content for GenAI (Community) 24th October 2023
- Managing the talent pipeline & succession (Community) 14th September 2023
- The impact of AI – how are vendors responding? (Community) 20th July 2023