Competitive intelligence meets current awareness in Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 5th February 2018
The current awareness and competitive intelligence space offers many options in terms of complexity of product and platform. Where does Aurora FirstLight sit in this mix?
Aurora FirstLight is a SaaS (Software as a Service) platform and competitive intelligence product that can mine, gather, analyse and distribute critical insights to help organisations make better, more informed decisions.
Find out what our researcher thought of the product by logging in to view Jinfo's "Product review of Aurora FirstLight". If you do not have a Jinfo Subscription you can purchase the report with a credit card.
One small step for an organisation, one giant leap for current awareness
Aurora FirstLight is aimed at information professionals, competitive intelligence staff, market research departments, sales teams, and marketing and business development staff. For managers and executives working in these fields, help in making important strategic decisions is vital.
For these organisations, Aurora FirstLight boasts the ability to take current awareness one step further.
Read our review to find out who Jinfo thinks would get the most value from using this product - and why.
Using machine learning for a competitive intelligence edge
So how is Aurora FirstLight taking current awareness to the next level? By using machine-learning algorithms to search through a range of public and private data sources.
It's also interesting that the product's future plans include introducing gamification techniques to help leaders "boost their confidence in decision-making and stay one step ahead of their competition".
Jinfo's 32-page review of Aurora FirstLight delves further into the product, concentrating on:
- An intricate and informative summary of the product's technology, including user interface, dashboard and widgets
- How to add a newsfeed
- Adding a newsletter using the built-in template and customising it with your own branding
- The value of Aurora FirstLight, and whether its experience as a research company has helped it create an ideal product for information professionals and data analysts
- Who FirstLight considers to be its competitors
- Pricing - three pricing options are explained
- Jinfo's likes and dislikes - including issues we had as a new user, and how they were solved by FirstLight.
As with testing any product, there will always be issues. Our reviewer did have to contact FirstLight's support team, and felt they responded quickly and adequately.
Read our full report to find out how Jinfo felt that FirstLight dealt with the issues we had, and what our reviewer felt could be improved.
>> If you have a Jinfo Subscription you can log in now to access the Product review of Aurora FirstLight <<
- Blog post title: Competitive intelligence meets current awareness in Aurora FirstLight
- Link to this page
- View printable version
Latest in this Focus: Scorecards. Use Jinfo's step-by-step methodology to craft scorecards to strengthen negotiations, communicate with stakeholders, compare value of products and manage your portfolio more strategically.
What's your priority?
Use our self-assessment worksheet to determine your pathway towards more strategic portfolio management:
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - solve three problems when you develop scorecards
Thursday, 6th May 2021
- Research update - start with scorecards - adapt and adopt, for far-reaching benefit
Thursday, 22nd April 2021
- Research update - the content licensing "dream team"
Thursday, 8th April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step four - document scores)
Thursday, 22nd April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step three - design your scoring system)
Wednesday, 21st April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step two - select components)
Thursday, 15th April 2021
- Community deck - negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A
Monday, 26th April 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Community deck - pricing models for information and data licensing
Monday, 8th March 2021
- Scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them (Community) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Scorecards - designing and documenting scoring systems (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Scorecards - setting goals and priorities (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: