Product review of NewsEdge from Acquire Media
31st May 2018
Acquire Media's NewsEdge, a global news and delivery web platform for information and business professionals was last reviewed in 2016. In our new full product review of the platform, we look at Acquire Media's acquisition earlier this year by NEWSCYCLE Solutions, its wide range of sources, from both premium licensed titles as well as open sources and we highlight the value the service brings to its customers which include some of the world's largest news media companies.
This updated review:
- Introduces the platform's key advantages
- Contains a detailed section on sources which includes over 9,800 licensed content titles and over 7,000 WebLinked sources
- Explores the technology of the platform, particularly looking at the user interface, ease of use and profile set-up to outputs and alerts and its impressive range of visualisation options
- Looks at the newsletter builder elements
- Highlights the mobile platform capability
- Covers product maturity and development plans
- Explains the pricing model
- Highlights the help and training available within the product
- Highlights the competitor landscape with alternative offerings including Attensa, Factiva, and LexisNexis Newsdesk.
By: Jan Knight
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Product review of NewsEdge from Acquire Media
- Pages: 27
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Product review of Nexis (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Friday, 15th March 2019
- Product review of Nexis (sources - content & coverage)
Thursday, 14th March 2019
- Product review of Nexis (key advantages; introduction; contact details)
Wednesday, 13th March 2019
- Product review of NewsEdge (value - help & training; competitors; development; pricing)
Tuesday, 5th June 2018
- Product review of NewsEdge (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Monday, 4th June 2018
- Product review of NewsEdge (sources - content & coverage)
Friday, 1st June 2018
- Product review of NewsEdge (key advantages; introduction; contact details)
Thursday, 31st May 2018
- Q&A with Acquire Media - impact of their acquisition by Newscycle
Friday, 23rd March 2018
- Are content aggregation platforms meeting your needs?
Friday, 23rd June 2017
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (sources - content and coverage)
Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021