Jinfo survey - challenges facing information teams
8th June 2020
Jinfo recently carried out a market research survey on behalf of Springer Nature designed to elicit the opinions of corporate information centres on open access materials, products and services and how they determine value.
The report provides analysis of user feedback from 108 respondents and this five-part report looks at:
- The industry sectors represented in the survey and department responsibilities
- Some of the challenges faced by respondents in their relationships with users and stakeholders as well as their organisations, including information silos and budgets
- The types of organisations respondents work in and what they do, and how they evaluate products and services for purchase and renewal
- How important open access is to users, what the return on investment is and whether it's a key factor in their content portfolio
- Highlighting some of the challenges and concerns users have with it
- Respondents' perceived value of publisher-produced resources in this area and how communication challenges could be overcome.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of Content and Community.
Does your organisation have access to Content and Community?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
- Report title: Jinfo survey - challenges facing information teams
- Pages: 33
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Jinfo survey - challenges facing information teams (part 5 - how can information professionals and suppliers have better partnerships?)
Friday, 5th June 2020
- Jinfo survey - challenges facing information teams (part 4 - open access)
Thursday, 4th June 2020
- Jinfo survey - challenges facing information teams (part 3 - managing your content portfolio)
Wednesday, 3rd June 2020
- Jinfo survey - challenges facing information teams (part 2 - what are the biggest challenges?)
Tuesday, 2nd June 2020
- Jinfo survey - challenges facing information teams (part 1 - introduction)
Monday, 1st June 2020
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021