Jinfo survey - challenges facing information teams
8th June 2020
Jinfo recently carried out a market research survey on behalf of Springer Nature designed to elicit the opinions of corporate information centres on open access materials, products and services and how they determine value.
The report provides analysis of user feedback from 108 respondents and this five-part report looks at:
- The industry sectors represented in the survey and department responsibilities
- Some of the challenges faced by respondents in their relationships with users and stakeholders as well as their organisations, including information silos and budgets
- The types of organisations respondents work in and what they do, and how they evaluate products and services for purchase and renewal
- How important open access is to users, what the return on investment is and whether it's a key factor in their content portfolio
- Highlighting some of the challenges and concerns users have with it
- Respondents' perceived value of publisher-produced resources in this area and how communication challenges could be overcome.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Jinfo survey - challenges facing information teams
- Pages: 33
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Jinfo survey - challenges facing information teams (part 5 - how can information professionals and suppliers have better partnerships?)
Friday, 5th June 2020
- Jinfo survey - challenges facing information teams (part 4 - open access)
Thursday, 4th June 2020
- Jinfo survey - challenges facing information teams (part 3 - managing your content portfolio)
Wednesday, 3rd June 2020
- Jinfo survey - challenges facing information teams (part 2 - what are the biggest challenges?)
Tuesday, 2nd June 2020
- Jinfo survey - challenges facing information teams (part 1 - introduction)
Monday, 1st June 2020
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021