Community deck - using the value chain to strengthen your negotiating position
26th October 2020
Before beginning any negotiations with vendors, you must know the specific value that information products, services and expertise bring to your organisation. Using value chain analysis to prepare for your discussions with vendors will allow you to find:
- Proof-points to share with suppliers on how their products do or don't deliver value
- A new context for real partnership with vendors, where they understand and can help you achieve value
- Data-driven benchmarks you can share with vendors to report on their performance.
Download this Community session report, which includes the slides from the session along with anonymised comments from participants, to read how information teams have used the value chain analysis to simplify their negotiations.
To get the most value from this report:
- Read Jinfo's articles from the Focus on Value Chain
- Use the activities to improve your communication with stakeholders
- Read the examples of your peers in their approach to the work.
This is the slide deck and speaker notes from the Jinfo Community session "Using the value chain to strengthen your negotiating position", which ran on 20th October 2020
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Community deck - using the value chain to strengthen your negotiating position
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Using the value chain to strengthen your negotiating position
Tuesday, 18th August 2020
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"My colleagues and I used your Known Fors activity, and we now have a vision as to who we are going to be. We already achieved ROI... a sincere thanks!" Director of Research and Information Services, international law firm
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - one process, three new tangible benefits
Thursday, 22nd July 2021
- Research update - resolve the frustrations of content portfolio management
Thursday, 8th July 2021
- Research update - what do you want to be known for?
Thursday, 17th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service)
Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics) (Webinar) Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors) (Webinar) Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service) (Webinar) Wednesday, 26th May 2021