Using the value chain to strengthen your negotiating position
20th October 2020
[Focus: Value Chain]
Before beginning any negotiations with vendors, you must know the specific value that information products, services and expertise bring to your organisation. Using value chain analysis to prepare for your discussions with vendors will allow you to find:
- Proof-points to share with suppliers on how their products do or don't deliver value
- A new context for real partnership with vendors, where they understand and can help you achieve value
- Data-driven benchmarks you can share with vendors to report on their performance.
Download this Community session report, which includes the slides from the session along with anonymised comments from participants, to read how information teams have used the value chain analysis to simplify their negotiations.
To get the most value from this report:
- Read Jinfo's articles from the Focus on Value Chain
- Use the activities to improve your communication with stakeholders
- Read the examples of your peers in their approach to the work.
Slide presentation and notes
This event has passed, and a recording and/or slide deck is available for customers with a Jinfo Subscription.
If you have a Jinfo Subscription, please sign in here so that we can check your account:
- Community event title: Using the value chain to strengthen your negotiating position
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Community deck - using the value chain to strengthen your negotiating position
Monday, 26th October 2020
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021