Product Review of Factiva
27th October 2020
Since Jinfo last reviewed Factiva, Dow Jones' premium news and business information service, there have been quite a few changes. As well as the addition of hundreds of new sources, its geographic coverage has also been expanded along with a new focus on globally important industries.
- Introduces Dow Jones and Factiva and highlights the value the product offers as well as its key advantages
- Looks at the range of content available from the global news aggregation service, including the addition of 672 new sources from 98 countries in 21 languages, ranging from magazines, journals and online news sites to research reports. We also take a look at the results of its annual content survey
- Examines functionality, particularly in relation to its search performance and interface. We also take a closer look at Factiva Labs, launched in November 2019, which allows members to provide feedback on new features, as well as its new mobile app, and its developer portal
- Explores the help and training available from within the product, with a particular focus on its new customer support site launched in July of this year
- Presents a general overview of product development and what changes can be expected in the near future, including the development of its three-tier platform and integration strategy as well as its plans to increase coverage of Asia and improvements to company data
- Concludes with a look at pricing and provides a general overview of the competitor landscape, which includes LexisNexis, Naviga's NewsEdge, and ISI Emerging Markets in the traditional business news and information market, along with Meltwater, Cision, D&B's Hoovers, Alacra, Manzama, InfoDesk and Northern Light's SinglePoint in the media monitoring space.
By Andrew Lucas
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Product Review of Factiva
- Pages: 21
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Product review of Factiva (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Friday, 30th October 2020
- Product review of Factiva (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts and administration)
Thursday, 29th October 2020
- Product review of Factiva (sources - content and coverage)
Wednesday, 28th October 2020
- Product review of Factiva (key advantages; introduction; contact details)
Tuesday, 27th October 2020
- Q&A with Factiva's Brian Gelinas, head of product strategy
Thursday, 5th March 2020
- Use-cases for Dow Jones' Data, News & Analytics
Tuesday, 3rd March 2020
- Market landscape - company information sources
Monday, 16th November 2020
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021