Product Review of Factiva
27th October 2020
Since Jinfo last reviewed Factiva, Dow Jones' premium news and business information service, there have been quite a few changes. As well as the addition of hundreds of new sources, its geographic coverage has also been expanded along with a new focus on globally important industries.
- Introduces Dow Jones and Factiva and highlights the value the product offers as well as its key advantages
- Looks at the range of content available from the global news aggregation service, including the addition of 672 new sources from 98 countries in 21 languages, ranging from magazines, journals and online news sites to research reports. We also take a look at the results of its annual content survey
- Examines functionality, particularly in relation to its search performance and interface. We also take a closer look at Factiva Labs, launched in November 2019, which allows members to provide feedback on new features, as well as its new mobile app, and its developer portal
- Explores the help and training available from within the product, with a particular focus on its new customer support site launched in July of this year
- Presents a general overview of product development and what changes can be expected in the near future, including the development of its three-tier platform and integration strategy as well as its plans to increase coverage of Asia and improvements to company data
- Concludes with a look at pricing and provides a general overview of the competitor landscape, which includes LexisNexis, Naviga's NewsEdge, and ISI Emerging Markets in the traditional business news and information market, along with Meltwater, Cision, D&B's Hoovers, Alacra, Manzama, InfoDesk and Northern Light's SinglePoint in the media monitoring space.
By Andrew Lucas
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Product Review of Factiva
- Pages: 21
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Mini review of Global Market Model
Tuesday, 2nd February 2021
- Product review of Factiva (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Friday, 30th October 2020
- Product review of Factiva (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts and administration)
Thursday, 29th October 2020
- Product review of Factiva (sources - content and coverage)
Wednesday, 28th October 2020
- Product review of Factiva (key advantages; introduction; contact details)
Tuesday, 27th October 2020
- Q&A with Factiva's Brian Gelinas, head of product strategy
Thursday, 5th March 2020
- Use-cases for Dow Jones' Data, News & Analytics
Tuesday, 3rd March 2020
- Market landscape - company information sources
Monday, 16th November 2020
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"My colleagues and I used your Known Fors activity, and we now have a vision as to who we are going to be. We already achieved ROI... a sincere thanks!" Director of Research and Information Services, international law firm
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - design your strongest future as a Centre of Excellence
Thursday, 3rd June 2021
- The Information Centre of Excellence – a flexible model of value, resilience and strategy
Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Research update - one step at a time towards developing scorecards
Thursday, 20th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service)
Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step one - map your services to the model)
Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Community deck - negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A
Monday, 26th April 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers (Community) Tuesday, 13th July 2021
- Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors (Community) Tuesday, 15th June 2021
- Scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them (Community) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors) (Webinar) Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service) (Webinar) Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step one - map your services to the model) (Webinar) Tuesday, 25th May 2021