Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain)
27th August 2021
[Focus: Value Chain]
Once you have defined the Value Chain for your organisation and the role information plays in it, it’s time to describe how you and your team tangibly contribute to business goals such as efficiency, innovation, and risk management.
Document how information products and services contribute to the conditions of success for the goals your organisation cares about. With this activity, you will be able to:
- Map your products, services and expertise to the actions that make a difference to users and stakeholders
- Connect your day-to-day operations with organisational value
- Establish KPIs to demonstrate your contributions.
In this webinar, we will walk through the activity Jinfo designed to define your contributions to the Value Chain.
To get the most out of this recording, review this article from our Focus on Value Chain:
Viewing this recording alongside the activity will enable you to begin the process of analysing your work in the Value Chain context.
To work with tailored guidance from Jinfo’s experienced analysts, contact us about Consulting on Value Chain today.
Webinar Recording and/or Slide Deck
This event has passed, and a recording and/or slide deck is available for customers with access to Content and Community.
If you are a client, please sign in here so that we can check your account:
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021