Source Expertise and Your Value to the Business
12th April 2016
[Research Focus: Source Expertise - What It Means in a Google World]
A critical difference between information professionals and knowledge workers is the source expertise of information professionals: you know which sources are valuable, how to use them efficiently, and why it matters, allowing you to stay on top of a rapidly evolving world of sources.
We'll help you turn this expertise into greater visibility in your organisation and explain how you can demonstrate the value of your skills to your colleagues and peers, within a realistic workflow-driven framework.
This Jinfo Webinar provides practical tips on:
- Building source discovery and awareness into your processes, without adding unduly to your busy workload
- Capturing and managing key information about sources - premium, free and internal - for maximum efficiency
- Communicating and using your expertise with stakeholders, to build your visibility and strategic value to the organisation.
Restricted to Jinfo Subscribers at the Content level or higher, and registered guests. Spaces are limited.
- Tuesday, 12th April 2016 at 08:00 Pacific / 10:00 Central / 11:00 Eastern / 16:00 (GMT) / 17:00 Europe, 60 minutes
Webinar Recording and/or Slide Deck
This event has passed, and a recording and/or slide deck is available for Jinfo clients.
If you are a client, please sign in here so that we can check your account:
"My stakeholders finally understand what we do" – Senior Information Manager, manufacturing industry
Work on information strategy in 2022 with Jinfo if you want to:
- Measure, communicate and improve the ROI of information
- Consistently dedicate time to strategy, despite competing demands
- Build on methods tested and proven in other organisations.
For more on how your organisation benefits and how to get started, check out our "Spotlight on strategy".
- There's no information strategy without stakeholder engagement
Wednesday, 1st December 2021
- Measure the impact of information with Value Chain analysis
Monday, 22nd November 2021
- You know more than you think you do
Tuesday, 16th November 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals
Monday, 18th October 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Stakeholder engagement strategy – tips and tools (Community) Tuesday, 22nd February 2022
- Overcoming the barriers to progress on information strategy (Community) Tuesday, 11th January 2022
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021