Deb Hunt is principal of Information Edge, which specialises in enterprise, document and digital asset management and knowledge services and library director at the Mechanics" Institute in San Francisco. In addition to her MLS, Deb is a certified Enterprise Content Management Practitioner (ECMp). Deb was SLA"s 2013 president. She believes learning never stops and co-authored "The Librarian"s Skillbook: 51 Essential Skills for Information Professionals". She can be found on Twitter @debhunt6 and on her blog.
Articles by Deb Hunt:
My Favourite Tipples from an enterprise content management expert
Wednesday, 11th January 2017
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Deb Hunt, principal of Information Edge and library director at the Mechanics' Institute in San Francisco. She shares favourite resources in areas from the latest business thinking to digital asset management.
Visibility Provides Access to Vital Assets
Monday, 26th January 2015
The most critical asset in any organisation is what its people know. The effective use and exploitation of knowledge plays a large role in success in business. As info pros, we can empower our organisations and clients to close more deals, track the competition, and make critical business decisions to grow their business and become more profitable.
Making Internal Information Visible Using Enterprise Content Management
Wednesday, 14th January 2015
How do we connect our clients and users to the vital assets of information in the organisation in a way that serves them and the organisation well? As information professionals, we have the tools and expertise to make information discoverable and connect workers with information and the knowledge to do their jobs. Learn how from an expert who has used her transferable librarian skills to do just that.
My Favourite Tipples from a Strategic Knowledge Professional
Wednesday, 23rd April 2014
Deb Hunt is a strategic knowledge professional and specialist in document, digital asset and enterprise content management. She shares some of her favourite tipples.
Digital Signatures: Ensure They Stand Up to Scrutiny
Monday, 10th December 2012
When everything (it seems) is going digital, why aren't digital signatures more commonly used? Deb Hunt explores what constitutes a digital signature that will stand up to possible court challenges.
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"Jinfo's Pillars of Service and Known Fors activities feed our overall mission and vision. Everything we do has to align with these, and if it doesn't, we ask the question, 'Why are we doing this?' We can communicate more effectively what we do and move away from the transactional view. Let me stress... there is a huge return on this work. It allows us to chart our own destiny." Director of Information Services, pharmaceutical industry
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021