Claire Whayman is a freelance business information specialist with over 12 years" experience in the provision of company and market information, research and analysis. She holds a Master"s degree in Library and Information Studies from the University of Aberystwyth.
Claire began her information career in the legal sector before joining the business support agency, Business Link, in London and is currently based in the north east of England.
Claire can be contacted via Twitter @cwhayman, LinkedIn and at email@example.com
Articles by Claire Whayman:
Create & Share Your Own News Outlet - DIY News Aggregation
Friday, 1st November 2013
DIY social media news aggregation tools have saturated the marketplace. Traditionally thought to be for personal use, this article asks what the implications are for the corporate environment. It argues that tools such as Flipboard, Pulse, Prismatic and Noowit can be used to build a strong business case for the correct use of social media within the workplace.
DIY Solutions: The Use of Social Media News Aggregation Tools in a Corporate Environment
Thursday, 31st October 2013
With changes happening within the traditional news aggregation product marketplace, organisations are assessing their options. Claire Whayman looks at the potential for the use of social media news aggregation tools in the corporate environment. Three products are examined: Flipboard, Noowit and Xydocuration.com.
Selecting the Right News Aggregation Product
Friday, 11th October 2013
This article examines the changing marketplace of news aggregation products. It takes a top-level view of the types of news aggregation tools available and emphasises the importance of understanding your organisation's news requirements before negotiating vendor contracts.
Market Map: the Options in News Aggregation & Beyond
Thursday, 10th October 2013
The pace of technological advancement and the advent of social media has widened the provision and scope of news aggregation resources. Products traditionally focused on legal or financial information, PR, communication and marketing activities, together with those aimed at the news industry itself all provide a potential wealth of business news. This Market Map provides a top-level comparison of the types of news aggregation tools available, from social media aggregation to press cuttings and software-only solutions. It is intended as an aid to the information professional in considering alternative sources of news.
Forming a Social Media Research Strategy for Competitive Intelligence
Tuesday, 9th July 2013
Social media has enhanced the information professional's research toolkit. Freelance information professional Claire Whayman examines the importance of developing a social media research strategy for competitive intelligence, covering tools from Facebook to Twitter, and offers tips on best practice as well as key points to avoid.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Portfolio value is an inside job
Thursday, 23rd September 2021
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021