Mirjam has 10 years of business research experience gained as a database administrator and desk researcher at the German Press Agency, as information manager at a business consultancy and as head of the information department of the Goethe Institute in Brussels, in charge of monitoring and information on EU regulations and programmes.
Her information consultancy CleanTech Information Research provides strategic international business information and data-driven journalism for companies and organisations in the sector of clean/green technologies.
Working in English, French, German, Spanish and Portuguese, she is an expert on Western Europe and Latin America.
Mirjam can be contacted via email@example.com.
Articles by Mirjam Wolfrum:
Insider Knowledge - Researching Oil & Gas
Thursday, 23rd July 2015
Oil and gas have been used for hundreds of years. In the beginning, oil was used to replace whale oil. Since John D. Rockefeller founded the "Standard Oil Company" in 1870, "black gold" has begun to triumph. Today oil and gas still drive today's world economy. Access to and control of these commodities is especially critical to the world's most energy consuming countries. This is why there are numerous international and national industry associations, intergovernmental and non-governmental organisations, profit and non-profit information providers who all provide data for your research, Mirjam Wolfrum provides a guide through the maze.
My Favourite Tipples from an International Business Researcher
Tuesday, 5th May 2015
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Mirjam Wolfrum, a researcher specialising in strategic international business information with a focus on clean and green technologies. She shares her favourite online resources in areas from statistics to tools for cleaning messy data, and sites for reliable freeware downloads.
Researching Hispanic America - Navigating a Diverse Information Landscape
Tuesday, 14th April 2015
Latin American business information specialist Mirjam Wolfrum provides sources, background knowledge and tips for conducting research on companies, economic data and industries in Hispanic Latin America.
Insider Knowledge - Researching Hispanic America
Monday, 13th April 2015
Conducting research in Hispanic America will depend a lot on the country you are interested in. In this article Hispanic America means all Spanish-speaking countries from Mexico to Argentina, excluding the Caribbean states. As a general rule we can say that the more interest the global economy has in one particular market, the more information in English will be available. This means that there is more information on economics and businesses available for emerging countries such as Mexico and Columbia and only scanty information on smaller "less economically interesting" countries such as Honduras or Paraguay.
Mirjam Wolfrum explains what kind of information you will be able to obtain from English sources and when you should consider involving a local partner or a Spanish-speaking information expert.
Access to an Emerging Market - Starting Research in Brazil
Friday, 20th March 2015
Latin American business information specialist Mirjam Wolfrum provides a starting point for conducting research on companies, economic data and industries in Brazil. She also highlights some of the challenges such as the importance of local language (Portuguese) and local researchers.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021