Barbara Maynard Hirsh was director of Information Resources & Knowledge Management at NERA Economic Consulting for 15 years until she retired in December 2018. Her past experience includes:
- Managing global research and KM services in a corporate setting
- Negotiating and implementing global contracts for 3rd party content
- Designing end-user training programs
- Developing customised desktop solutions and intranets
- Invited speaker at domestic and global conferences
- Managing her own consulting firm.
Prior to joining the corporate world, Barbara spent 12 years in academia as a tenured faculty member.
She holds Masters degrees in information science and music.
Articles by Barbara Hirsh:
Commercial awareness for information professionals
Monday, 7th October 2019
Commercial skills are a prerequisite for information professionals within any industry. This article sets out to not only define these skills but offers some techniques and practical steps to help you develop them, and in the process think about what your company does, what information it needs, who your clients are and how to communicate effectively.
Tackling the challenge of keeping up to date with technology
Wednesday, 9th January 2019
Technology is constantly evolving and information professionals have to keep up with new developments and end-users want reliable information without having to understand the technology behind it. This article uses mini case studies to explore how information professionals can keep up to date with technology and implement the best solution in areas from single sign-on (SSO) to tender information and extracting citations.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021