Commercial awareness for information professionals
7th October 2019
Commercial skills are a prerequisite for information professionals within any industry. This article sets out to not only define these skills but offers some techniques and practical steps to help you develop them, and in the process think about what your company does, what information it needs, who your clients are and how to communicate effectively.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is available to Jinfo clients.
Is your organisation a Jinfo client?
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
- Article title: Commercial awareness for information professionals
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Leadership alignment interviews - engaging your stakeholders around value
Wednesday, 26th June 2019
- Amplifying the strategic contribution of the information team
Tuesday, 12th March 2019
- Create your Information Centre of Excellence with these three ingredients
Monday, 10th June 2019
"Is your strategic plan in a mid-year slump?"
15th June 2022
If progress on your strategy seems stuck, it may be time to revisit your operational plan. The latest resources in Jinfo's Focus on Centre of Excellence offer step-by-step guidance on how to break down a Big Vision into manageable, measurable pieces. Learn more about the practical steps you can take to get from Point A to Point B without overloading your team's capacity.Read on the Blog
- Meet these four requirements to make progress on information strategy
Wednesday, 29th June 2022
- Is your strategic plan in a mid-year slump?
Wednesday, 15th June 2022
- Does your data tell a story to your stakeholders?
Wednesday, 25th May 2022
- The Inside Circle – let’s talk talent (Community) Monday, 31st October 2022
- The Inside Circle – let’s talk suppliers (Community) Friday, 30th September 2022
- Plan your work, work your plan (Community) Thursday, 9th June 2022
- Centre of Excellence (step seven - ready, aim, fire) (Webinar) Tuesday, 28th June 2022
- Centre of Excellence (step six - making strategy operational) (Webinar) Wednesday, 15th June 2022
- Making data meaningful (Webinar) Tuesday, 17th May 2022