Create your Information Centre of Excellence with these three ingredients
Monday, 10th June 2019
What are the ingredients you need to ensure your information centre performs at its best?
Creating an Information Centre of Excellence requires creativity, deep expertise, and practical knowledge about the needs of your organisation - every instance will look different.
Three ingredients are essential to creating your unique version of the Information Centre of Excellence:
- Knowing what questions to ask
- Having a framework in which to ask them
- Diligence about getting it done... despite the ever-increasing requests coming at you from all directions.
With Jinfo's research, you can envision and then create the right department, services and culture to succeed, through work on these questions:
- What's the right balance of enabling end users and delivering expert information services, based on a core information strategy (see Insight 1 here)
- Does your team have the right characteristics, such as consulting skills, commercial awareness, and tech-savvy? And if not, how can you cultivate them? (see Insight 2 here)
- Are you working ON the business of your department and not IN the business? If not, you'll always be planning for the past (see Insight 3 here).
The vital third ingredient in progress - diligence
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to resources that help you define the questions and work through a planning framework. But what about diligence?
Customers consistently tell us that the accountability and expert guidance of our analysts are amongst the most valuable aspects of Jinfo Consulting projects.
Design your own project or select from one of our tailorable workshops.
Contact me to discuss your needs.
- Blog post title: Create your Information Centre of Excellence with these three ingredients
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Guide to value in the Jinfo Research Focus - Centre of Excellence
Friday, 5th April 2019
- Research update - within reach, creating an Information Centre of Excellence
Thursday, 11th April 2019
- Research Focus Insights and Actions "Creating an Information Centre of Excellence"
Thursday, 4th April 2019
Value Chain Analysis has its roots in client work, going back nearly a decade. Since then, information teams in a range of industries have adapted and applied it to a host of business challenges, with transformative results.Read on the Blog
- What can you do with Value Chain Analysis? What CAN’T you do?
Wednesday, 11th May 2022
- Trust Your Knowledge, Elevate Your Standing
Wednesday, 27th April 2022
- Change your mindset, change your world
Wednesday, 13th April 2022
- Plan your work, work your plan (Community) Thursday, 9th June 2022
- Value Chain foundation – mastering the mindset (Community) Thursday, 5th May 2022
- Advance as an information leader, activate your expertise (Community) Tuesday, 29th March 2022
- Making data meaningful (Webinar) Tuesday, 17th May 2022
- Validating your hypothesis (Webinar) Thursday, 31st March 2022
- Foundation of Value Chain Analysis (Webinar) Thursday, 31st March 2022