Head of Commercial Development
Claire has over 16 years" experience working in the information and knowledge sector. In addition to her responsibilities for managing all commercial relationships at Jinfo she is also commissioning editor at Business Information Review. In the past she worked recruiting for information vendors and publishers then moved on to managing training and events for TFPL before becoming Head of Information and Knowledge consultancy for TFPL.
Claire is an experienced interviewer and project manager. She has worked on a number of wide ranging research, information and knowledge management projects in both the private and public sectors. Projects have included: library reviews, knowledge transfer projects for organisations losing a significant part of their long term workforce through redundancy or re-structure and relocation, taxonomy and search projects for large multinationals. She has worked with management and director level in libraries, information departments and knowledge centres in professional services, central government, manufacturing, publishing and public sector bodies. She holds an MSc in Business Systems Analysis and Design from London City University and a diploma in recruitment practice from the Recruitment Employment Confederation.
Claire can be contacted at email@example.com
Articles by Claire Laybats:
Is it time to break up with a key supplier? Jinfo for content purchasing
Wednesday, 8th January 2020
If you need a strategy for working with that troublesome supplier, you're not alone. Jinfo for content purchasing provides guidance, real-world tips and peer group support for coping with difficult supplier relationships and creating a more strategic foundation for portfolio management.
2020 vision for strategic portfolio management - Jinfo for content purchasing
Monday, 7th October 2019
Make 2020 your year for strategic portfolio planning with Jinfo's unique impact-based approach to managing your portfolio where you'll learn new approaches to maximising value, communicating with stakeholders and negotiating with suppliers.
Go from "what?" to "now what?" - Jinfo Consulting's benchmarking-based assessments
Wednesday, 11th September 2019
With benchmarking, the context of data is just as important as the numbers and with Jinfo's valuable benchmarking data we can help you communicate more effectively with stakeholders and customers or find out how our Consulting workshops can help you tailor our insights to your unique situation.
Plan, communicate and adapt from a foundation in benchmarking
Wednesday, 3rd July 2019
How can you use the data from Jinfo's benchmarking research to move your organisation forward?
Portfolio value, data-driven future, and you
Monday, 24th June 2019
Find out how Jinfo can help you develop your team and skills around content purchasing, portfolio management and resource optimisation.
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021