Head of Commercial Development
Claire has over 16 years" experience working in the information and knowledge sector. In addition to her responsibilities for managing all commercial relationships at Jinfo she is also commissioning editor at Business Information Review. In the past she worked recruiting for information vendors and publishers then moved on to managing training and events for TFPL before becoming Head of Information and Knowledge consultancy for TFPL.
Claire is an experienced interviewer and project manager. She has worked on a number of wide ranging research, information and knowledge management projects in both the private and public sectors. Projects have included: library reviews, knowledge transfer projects for organisations losing a significant part of their long term workforce through redundancy or re-structure and relocation, taxonomy and search projects for large multinationals. She has worked with management and director level in libraries, information departments and knowledge centres in professional services, central government, manufacturing, publishing and public sector bodies. She holds an MSc in Business Systems Analysis and Design from London City University and a diploma in recruitment practice from the Recruitment Employment Confederation.
Claire can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles by Claire Laybats:
Is it time to break up with a key supplier? Jinfo for content purchasing
Wednesday, 8th January 2020
If you need a strategy for working with that troublesome supplier, you're not alone. Jinfo for content purchasing provides guidance, real-world tips and peer group support for coping with difficult supplier relationships and creating a more strategic foundation for portfolio management.
2020 vision for strategic portfolio management - Jinfo for content purchasing
Monday, 7th October 2019
Make 2020 your year for strategic portfolio planning with Jinfo's unique impact-based approach to managing your portfolio where you'll learn new approaches to maximising value, communicating with stakeholders and negotiating with suppliers.
Go from "what?" to "now what?" - Jinfo Consulting's benchmarking-based assessments
Wednesday, 11th September 2019
With benchmarking, the context of data is just as important as the numbers and with Jinfo's valuable benchmarking data we can help you communicate more effectively with stakeholders and customers or find out how our Consulting workshops can help you tailor our insights to your unique situation.
Plan, communicate and adapt from a foundation in benchmarking
Wednesday, 3rd July 2019
How can you use the data from Jinfo's benchmarking research to move your organisation forward?
Portfolio value, data-driven future, and you
Monday, 24th June 2019
Find out how Jinfo can help you develop your team and skills around content purchasing, portfolio management and resource optimisation.
"I never before fully appreciated the role the information service plays in R&D productivity and innovation. This isn't something that benefits our department; this is something that benefits the whole of R&D."
You can make the impact of information on successful R&D visible and measurable, with Value Chain analysis.
Let us help you map Jinfo's Focus areas to your particular challenges with information strategy and operations.
- Gain confidence and trust through new vocabulary
Wednesday, 13th October 2021
- Manage your content portfolio for risk
Monday, 11th October 2021
- Is your content advisory board primed for strategy in 2022?
Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals
Monday, 18th October 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021