Head of Commercial Development
Claire has over 16 years" experience working in the information and knowledge sector. In addition to her responsibilities for managing all commercial relationships at Jinfo she is also commissioning editor at Business Information Review. In the past she worked recruiting for information vendors and publishers then moved on to managing training and events for TFPL before becoming Head of Information and Knowledge consultancy for TFPL.
Claire is an experienced interviewer and project manager. She has worked on a number of wide ranging research, information and knowledge management projects in both the private and public sectors. Projects have included: library reviews, knowledge transfer projects for organisations losing a significant part of their long term workforce through redundancy or re-structure and relocation, taxonomy and search projects for large multinationals. She has worked with management and director level in libraries, information departments and knowledge centres in professional services, central government, manufacturing, publishing and public sector bodies. She holds an MSc in Business Systems Analysis and Design from London City University and a diploma in recruitment practice from the Recruitment Employment Confederation.
Claire can be contacted at email@example.com
Articles by Claire Laybats:
Is it time to break up with a key supplier? Jinfo for content purchasing
Wednesday, 8th January 2020
If you need a strategy for working with that troublesome supplier, you're not alone. Jinfo for content purchasing provides guidance, real-world tips and peer group support for coping with difficult supplier relationships and creating a more strategic foundation for portfolio management.
2020 vision for strategic portfolio management - Jinfo for content purchasing
Monday, 7th October 2019
Make 2020 your year for strategic portfolio planning with Jinfo's unique impact-based approach to managing your portfolio where you'll learn new approaches to maximising value, communicating with stakeholders and negotiating with suppliers.
Go from "what?" to "now what?" - Jinfo Consulting's benchmarking-based assessments
Wednesday, 11th September 2019
With benchmarking, the context of data is just as important as the numbers and with Jinfo's valuable benchmarking data we can help you communicate more effectively with stakeholders and customers or find out how our Consulting workshops can help you tailor our insights to your unique situation.
Plan, communicate and adapt from a foundation in benchmarking
Wednesday, 3rd July 2019
How can you use the data from Jinfo's benchmarking research to move your organisation forward?
Portfolio value, data-driven future, and you
Monday, 24th June 2019
Find out how Jinfo can help you develop your team and skills around content purchasing, portfolio management and resource optimisation.
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"My colleagues and I used your Known Fors activity, and we now have a vision as to who we are going to be. We already achieved ROI... a sincere thanks!" Director of Research and Information Services, international law firm
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - one process, three new tangible benefits
Thursday, 22nd July 2021
- Research update - resolve the frustrations of content portfolio management
Thursday, 8th July 2021
- Research update - what do you want to be known for?
Thursday, 17th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service)
Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics) (Webinar) Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors) (Webinar) Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service) (Webinar) Wednesday, 26th May 2021