Plan, communicate and adapt from a foundation in benchmarking
Wednesday, 3rd July 2019
How can you use the data from Jinfo's benchmarking research to move your organisation forward?
Jinfo's newly updated benchmarking data provides unmatched insights on information services, team capacity, internal customers and strategy. Our data provides you with the foundation for:
- Strategic planning, whether an adjustment or an overhaul
- Recent or imminent reorganisation
- Adaptation to new leadership or organisational goals
- Stakeholder communication around capacity (new headcount, anyone?), future needs and risks around information.
Tailored reports based on your peer group
It turns out that reporting structure is the best leading variable for determining a benchmarking peer group, followed by industry, range of services and team capacity. We use these datapoints to create the most meaningful peer groups for you, then develop a tailored report showing your alignments, gaps and opportunities compared with your peer group.
On completing the process, one information manager told us:
"The whole assessment process was valuable. Even the survey questions highlighted gaps and opportunities in our service. ... It's great to see places where we are in alignment with the majority of our peers. However, more meaningful are the areas where we are out of step with most information teams. The assessment results highlight the most valuable areas for us to focus on in the short term and provide a useful framework for discussions with stakeholders."
Get started today
Purchase a Jinfo Consulting "Assessment and planning workshop". This includes a tailored benchmarking report, plus an online workshop for you and your team to review results with a Jinfo analyst and develop priorities for putting the results to work.
Purchase by 30th September 2019 for additional free benefits
For a limited time, you can get a free follow-up workshop on strategic design and development of the right services for your team. Simply order an assessment and planning workshop by 30th September 2019, and you'll also get:
- Background materials on Jinfo's "pillars of service" insights
- 75-minute workshop session with a Jinfo analyst to develop your pillars of service
- Follow-up report including recommendations, links to additional resources, and next steps.
- Blog post title: Plan, communicate and adapt from a foundation in benchmarking
- Link to this page
- View printable version
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: