2020 vision for strategic portfolio management - Jinfo for content purchasing
Monday, 7th October 2019
Make 2020 your year for strategic portfolio planning with Jinfo's unique impact-based approach to managing your portfolio where you'll learn new approaches to maximising value, communicating with stakeholders and negotiating with suppliers.
"I know I should be thinking about strategy and my stakeholder communications; I can't find the time to do it."
This is the most common response we get from professionals responsible for content licensing when we talk with them about strategic portfolio management. As many of our customers move into a particularly busy season of negotiations and renewals, time is even more of a premium.
Here's the good news:
Now is not the time.
If you are up against a wave of contracts, stakeholder meetings, user feedback and procurement, adding strategic planning to your plate will only be frustrating.
Instead, stake your claim to planning time in early 2020, and our Consulting workshop, "Holistic content portfolio management", in order to create the time, structure and accountability for this investment.
Jinfo's workshop structure enables you to learn and practice applying Jinfo's unique impact-based approach to managing your portfolio.
Your stakeholders care about efficiency, innovation, risk management, and generating revenue - holistic portfolio management aligns your portfolio with these goals and enables you to measure impact based on outcomes decision-makers understand.
Tapping into your top concerns
All our research is developed around what other professionals responsible for content licensing tell us matters to them. You'll find many of these top concerns in the previous "Jinfo for content purchasing" items published in 2019:
- Moving into the world of data, and determining ROI on data investments (July)
- Cutting budgets without undermining the business... and ensuring stakeholders buy in to your recommendations (April)
- Maximising your role - and your value - in the data-driven world (January)
These challenges reflect the needs of your organisation, not the needs of your department. That's why we consider making the time for this type of thinking, planning and communication a responsibility you have to your organisation, not a "nice to have" under professional development.
Jinfo Consulting makes it accessible and manageable
Jinfo's Consulting workshop on "Holistic content portfolio management" will teach you new approaches to maximising value, communicating with stakeholders and negotiating with suppliers. Flexible delivery through online sessions enable remote teams to work together and break the learning into manageable chunks for better absorption and practice.
Customise your workshop with additional modules on data licensing, stakeholder reporting and negotiations, as needed.
Make 2019 the last year you cope with the busy season by churning through tasks. Learn more, and then contact us today to set the stage for a strategic 2020.
- Blog post title: 2020 vision for strategic portfolio management - Jinfo for content purchasing
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Coping with reorganisation - working with a new reporting line
Monday, 29th July 2019
- Jinfo benchmarking research (part 4 - content licensing strategy)
Thursday, 27th June 2019
- Plan, communicate and adapt from a foundation in benchmarking
Wednesday, 3rd July 2019
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (sources - content and coverage)
Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: