Commercial awareness for information professionals
7th October 2019
Commercial skills are a prerequisite for information professionals within any industry. This article sets out to not only define these skills but offers some techniques and practical steps to help you develop them, and in the process think about what your company does, what information it needs, who your clients are and how to communicate effectively.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is available to Jinfo clients.
Is your organisation a Jinfo client?
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
- Article title: Commercial awareness for information professionals
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Leadership alignment interviews - engaging your stakeholders around value
Wednesday, 26th June 2019
- Amplifying the strategic contribution of the information team
Tuesday, 12th March 2019
- Create your Information Centre of Excellence with these three ingredients
Monday, 10th June 2019
Value Chain Analysis has its roots in client work, going back nearly a decade. Since then, information teams in a range of industries have adapted and applied it to a host of business challenges, with transformative results.Read on the Blog
- What can you do with Value Chain Analysis? What CAN’T you do?
Wednesday, 11th May 2022
- Trust Your Knowledge, Elevate Your Standing
Wednesday, 27th April 2022
- Change your mindset, change your world
Wednesday, 13th April 2022
- Plan your work, work your plan (Community) Thursday, 9th June 2022
- Value Chain foundation – mastering the mindset (Community) Thursday, 5th May 2022
- Advance as an information leader, activate your expertise (Community) Tuesday, 29th March 2022
- Making data meaningful (Webinar) Tuesday, 17th May 2022
- Validating your hypothesis (Webinar) Thursday, 31st March 2022
- Foundation of Value Chain Analysis (Webinar) Thursday, 31st March 2022