Raise your own bar from transactions to strategy
Wednesday, 25th August 2021
Raise your ambitions and drive information strategy for your organisation. When you see yourself as a strategic asset to the business, your stakeholders will start to do so as well.
"We need to be operating strategically, but we're stuck in transactional work."
This is one of the most common concerns Jinfo clients bring us to work on as part of our Focus on Centre of Excellence.
Our advice for making this shift? Two consistent strategies have emerged from a host of Consulting on Centre of Excellence projects nearing completion:
- Invest in strategic stakeholder relationships: it's not enough to have an engagement plan with key stakeholders – you have to invest in a relationship strategy. Investment can mean tools as well as time – one team has taken up our recommendation to invest in a simple CRM system to improve stakeholder engagement, and already it's proving to be time and money well-spent.
- Raise your ambitions: no one is better equipped than you are to drive information strategy for your organisation. When you see, think and talk about yourselves and your department as a strategic asset to the business, your stakeholders will start to do so as well.
These strategies are consistent across industries – current projects are in legal, finance, pharmaceuticals and energy.
If you have questions as you work, we're here to help – complete the contact form or be in touch with your account manager for tips and troubleshooting, or to discuss more active support through Consulting on Centre of Excellence.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: