Staying Alert to FreePint Content
Tuesday, 16th April 2013
FreePint has added two new features to its site to make sure you never miss articles or reports: one which gives users an even easier way to search the site; and the second which allows users to set up alerts so that when new content is published which matches your keywords, you're automatically notified.
FreePint's site search has been enhanced to help you identify relevant FreePint articles and reports, and receive ongoing notifications of relevant content.
You can now choose between "Relevance" and "Date" as the sort order for search results, and your browser's BACK button will now work when performing different searches.
FreePint readers have asked for a way to be notified by email of new content matching certain keywords, and so we have added a direct link to Google Alerts.
Now, when you conduct a search on FreePint, you will see a box on the right of the search results:
... with a direct link to Google Alerts. Click on the link, and you will see an alert definition box like this:
... and we recommend following these tips:
- Add your search terms after "site:freepint.com", which limits the search to the FreePint website
- Ignore the preview box on the right, as it nearly always reports "no recent results" even when there clearly are recent results matching the search term.
When you click "Create Alert", you'll see a list of all your Google Alerts:
... and you'll start to receive your alerts by email.
This is a great way to make sure you never miss a relevant FreePint article or report again.
Why not try a search now, and then set up an Alert to try it out?
"I never before fully appreciated the role the information service plays in R&D productivity and innovation. This isn't something that benefits our department; this is something that benefits the whole of R&D."
You can make the impact of information on successful R&D visible and measurable, with Value Chain analysis.
Let us help you map Jinfo's Focus areas to your particular challenges with information strategy and operations.
- Gain confidence and trust through new vocabulary
Wednesday, 13th October 2021
- Manage your content portfolio for risk
Monday, 11th October 2021
- Is your content advisory board primed for strategy in 2022?
Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals
Monday, 18th October 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: