IngentaConnect: Content & Compliance Resources in One Portal
Friday, 13th December 2013
IngentaConnect offers digital access to article summaries and citation data from over 30,000 academic journals and publications and 4.5 million articles in fields such as engineering, library science, social sciences, medicine, science (STM) and technology. Full-text access is available free if available, or via pay-per-view, individual or institutional subscriptions. Librarians can track usage through COUNTER and create solutions to accommodate specific customer needs.
Digital access to information is part of our everyday social and working life. We often access information without even considering that we are using someone else’s work. It’s ok if this “someone else” published their work to use for free, but normally authors do care at least about their copyright. They might also care about fees, especially if their information is used to generate profit.
Here we are entering the important and controversial area of digital copyright. FreePint’s Topic Series on International Copyright will explore this area further in spring 2014.
Ensure You're Copyright Compliant
Generally, vendors providing access to the journals and books publications online are copyright compliant, but it’s also essential to comply with various complex and technical industry guidelines on both publication accessibility and citation linking standards. IngentaConnect is one of the resources which combines access to the multiple publications with digital compliance.
Online Articles from over 30,000 Publications
Launched in 1998, IngentaConnect now provides access to article summaries and citation data from nearly 30,000 academic journals and publications, and some 4.5 million articles in engineering, library science, social science, medicine, science (STM) and technology fields. Around 13,500 of these journals are online publications. Social sciences are covered with more than 1,200 journals, including 370 of them for Political Science.
Free Abstracts; Full Text by Subscription or Pay-Per-View
Full-text access is given by over 250 publisher partners, so users can access publications free if available, on a pay-per-view basis (via electronic, fax or Ariel delivery) or through individual or institutional subscriptions.
COUNTER Compliance & More
Compliance is available for preservation services such as LOCKSS (Lots of Copies Keeps Stuff Safe), CLOCKSS (controlled LOCKSS) and Portico as well as key discovery services such as Google Scholar, EBSCO Discovery Service, Primo Central and Summon research tools.
Accommodating Specific Customer Needs
IngentaConnect technology and content allows users to create solutions to accommodate very specific customer needs:
- From enabling compliant access to the customer’s internal subscriptions in combination with internal information and knowledge management requirements
- To creating a “one stop shop” interface for information search and retrieval.
The interface is user friendly, contents can be searched on a free basis and there are multiple options available to purchase full text articles.
Readers interested in news aggregation and content solutions may be interested to find out more in our recent FreePint Topic Series: Beyond Aggregation, which ran from October to November 2013. You can still register your interest to receive a free copy of the FreePint Report: Buyer's Guide on News Content published in early December.
The important and controversial area of digital copyright will be explored in FreePint’s Topic Series on International Copyright in spring 2014.
- Blog post title: IngentaConnect: Content & Compliance Resources in One Portal
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Mini Review: IngentaConnect
Friday, 13th December 2013
- Supplier Selection Process: News Aggregation
Friday, 6th December 2013
- FreePint News Survey 2013. Results: Key News Suppliers and Satisfaction
Friday, 22nd November 2013
- PharmaTell: A One Stop Shop for Biopharmaceutical Competitive intelligence?
Thursday, 18th July 2013
- ProQuest Dialog: Nearly Ready for Prime Time
Tuesday, 18th June 2013
- Product Review of just-auto's QUBE: Executive Summary
Tuesday, 26th March 2013
- Input from the FreePint Sounding Board
Wednesday, 4th December 2013
- Brush up on Benchmarking with Reports from Best Practices
Monday, 23rd September 2013
- Biopharma Companies in a State of Flux
Friday, 2nd August 2013
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: