Reducing Authentication Angst
Wednesday, 16th September 2015
By Andrew Lucas
Authentication continues to be a focus for the FreePint Topic Series" All About Usage - From Content Sharing to Data Mining". Co-producer Andrew Lucas rounds up the latest FreePint reports and articles on authentication and content management.
The issue of "authentication" of users' access to information has proved be one of the focal points of the FreePint Topic Series "All About Usage - From Content Sharing to Data Mining".
The FreePint Report: Research into Authentication 2015 has generated considerable interest. The report highlights how the challenges relating to authentication have moved higher up the agenda, "fuelled by increased mobile working, new ways of using content, and potential security breaches".
The subject of authentication has also been explored by Isabelle Garcia in her article Approaches to Authentication. Isabelle, an information manager at wireless technology and innovation company Qualcomm, describes how they made changes to their approach to authentication and worked with vendors and internal colleagues to implement those changes.
Meanwhile, Sophie Alexander interviewed Jon Bentley, head of product marketing for Eduserv, about the OpenAthens authentication software, in which he says that the future of authentication solutions is "complex".
Sophie has also carried out a Q&A with Peter Ozolin, co-founder and CEO of personalised intelligence service Manzama, about the platform and future trends in content management and current awareness.
A FreePint Report: Product Review of Attensa by researcher Dale Moore is a four-part review of the recently redesigned current awareness, content management and delivery application. A blog by Catherine Dhanjal, "Creating Intelligence with Attensa" introduces the product review.
Copyright and Attribution
Finally, I have been considering some of the risks that arise for users as content makes its way from origination to consumption in "All About Usage - the Content Journey". These risks include factually incorrect or false information, or making use of information from websites without checking the terms and conditions or giving proper attribution.
I have also been talking to Sophie Alexander about these issues in "Online Information - How to Avoid the Tripwires".
The FreePint Topic Series "All About Usage - From Content Sharing to Data Mining" runs until the end of September and provides a wealth of insight into how to handle end user access - from contract management to authentication - register now to receive free updates and a PDF report containing Subscription articles upon registration, as well as a copy of the index report at the end.
Articles, reports and reviews published since the most recent blog update in the Topic Series "All About Usage":
- Approaches to Authentication
- Q&A with Manzama - Predicting Future Performance
- All About Usage - the Content Journey
Articles and reviews coming soon in the series
- Product Review of EndNote
- Product Review of CCC RightFind XML for Mining
- Product Review of RefME
- Q&A with Euromonitor
- Q&A with Keynote
- Recommit to Risk Management: A Strategic Value Information Practitioners Can Deliver - 8th October 2015
Communities of Practice
- Tackling the Authentication Challenge - 17th September
- Understanding Usage - Buyers and Sellers Seeking Alignment - 20th October 2015 (New York) or 3rd November 2015 (London)
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: