Findout - Unique Market Positioning for this Early Stage Entrant
Thursday, 28th January 2016
Findout is a new tool that allows you to explore large volumes of industry reports and datasets. Discover why reviewer Andrew Lucas thinks it has a unique position in the market.
Launched in September 2015, Findout is a new company set up by Ubiquick Group, a data technology company based in France. Aimed at technology providers, management consulting firms, law firms and other research-intensive organisations, Findout’s content is report-based, factual data, drawn mainly from open source websites.
FreePint asked contributing editor, Andrew Lucas, to carry out an in-depth review (Subscriber content) of this business tool, based on his global experience as a consultant in the online business information market and his regular contributions to FreePint
One of Findout’s key strengths is its ability to extract unstructured as well as structured content from the web, index it and add metadata.
With a particular focus on industry verticals, the six top level industries covered include:
- Agribusiness & food
- Consumer foods
- High tech & media
- Heavy industries
- Life science
As well as drawing in its content using machine learning and artificial intelligence, Findout invests a large share of its budget on research and development, with a specialist team working on the development of the platform and products. Semantic search technology also improves the accuracy of its results.
Find Out More
Findout says its aim is to "expand the scope of research, allowing analysts to explore easily large volumes of industry reports and datasets published by official sources".
- Blog post title: Findout - Unique Market Positioning for this Early Stage Entrant
- Link to this page
- View printable version
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Become a more strategic content portfolio manager
Thursday, 28th January 2021
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: