Sophie Alexander is a business researcher and provides customised research to companies in a wide variety of industries with a particular interest in investigative research. She has a BA Hons in Law and a Diploma in Information Studies along with over 15 year"s experience in both the public and private sector.
Articles by Sophie Alexander:
Why time measurement matters
Friday, 5th July 2019
American Financial Group's Information Research Centre explains the benefits they find of tracking time, from demonstrating value to identifying most engaged customer groups. They also highlight the tool they use and the downfall of the tools they've used in the past.
Q&A with Ozmosys - a mission to disrupt and simplify news aggregation
Thursday, 18th April 2019
We interview Eric Gross, founder and president of Ozmosys, a tool which includes curated newsletter options, search, delivery and distribution under one umbrella. We find out how they're planning to disrupt the news aggregation market through lower prices and a new model which aims to become the "Slack for news".
Q&A with Copyrightlaws.com - the place to learn about copyright and licensing
Friday, 22nd March 2019
Understanding copyright and licensing is a cornerstone of information work. Helping professionals learn about the issues from a practical perspective is Copyrightlaws.com. It specialises in teaching copyright to non-lawyers, with users from a wide variety of industry sectors in countries around the world. Courses are delivered through online content, some with video, along with downloadable guides and certification programmes. Sophie Alexander spoke to founder Lesley Ellen Harris to find out how its users benefit and what's coming next.
Mini review of Comintelli Intelligence2day - CI in the cloud
Thursday, 14th March 2019
We explore the latest features of Intelligence2day from Comintelli. A cloud-based competitive intelligence platform, Intelligence2day provides a single point of access to multiple and automates aggregation, classification, search and more. Competitors include Northern Light SinglePoint and M-Brain Intelligence Plaza.
Our in-depth product review of The Business Research Company's Global Market Model concludes with part 4. where we give the Jinfo verdict on the value it offers, as well as looking at the help provided by the company, competitor products, pricing for different types of users, and planned changes for 2019. This database provides integrated market information across 60 geographies and 2,400 market sectors. Competitors include Euromonitor's Passport, MarketLine's Advantage, IBISWorld, BMI Research.
Note: Full review (PDF) at /go/sub/report/3108
Reports by Sophie Alexander:
Market landscape - company information
Wednesday, 2nd October 2019
In this Market Landscape report, Jinfo examines 13 products offered by some of the most respected providers of company information, providing outline...
Company landscape - Lucidea
Monday, 9th September 2019
Lucidea is a leading global provider of knowledge management, collections management and library automation software, providing applications and busin...
Market landscape - media monitoring
Wednesday, 28th August 2019
In this market landscape, we look at products from nine companies in the business intelligence and data visualisation field, updating our previous mar...
Market landscape - market research report providers
Thursday, 22nd August 2019
In this market landscape, we look at 10 market research report providers specialising in online market research for a wide variety of clients in a div...
Market landscape - semantic intelligence and semantic search
Thursday, 25th July 2019
Semantic intelligence and semantic search is a complex space, and our list is not intended to be comprehensive but instead provides a comparison of so...
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - the content licensing "dream team"
Thursday, 8th April 2021
- Research update - bridging the gap between buyers and suppliers
Thursday, 25th March 2021
- Research update - our Community is your community, especially if you license content
Thursday, 11th March 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step one - set goals and priorities)
Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Community deck - pricing models for information and data licensing
Monday, 8th March 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them (Community) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Scorecards - selecting components and designing scoring systems (Webinar) Tuesday, 4th May 2021
- Scorecards - setting goals and priorities (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021