Sophie Alexander is a business researcher and provides customised research to companies in a wide variety of industries with a particular interest in investigative research. She has a BA Hons in Law and a Diploma in Information Studies along with over 15 years' experience in both the public and private sector.
Articles by Sophie Alexander:
Why time measurement matters
Friday, 5th July 2019
American Financial Group's Information Research Centre explains the benefits they find of tracking time, from demonstrating value to identifying most engaged customer groups. They also highlight the tool they use and the downfall of the tools they've used in the past.
Q&A with Ozmosys - a mission to disrupt and simplify news aggregation
Thursday, 18th April 2019
We interview Eric Gross, founder and president of Ozmosys, a tool which includes curated newsletter options, search, delivery and distribution under one umbrella. We find out how they're planning to disrupt the news aggregation market through lower prices and a new model which aims to become the "Slack for news".
Q&A with Copyrightlaws.com - the place to learn about copyright and licensing
Friday, 22nd March 2019
Understanding copyright and licensing is a cornerstone of information work. Helping professionals learn about the issues from a practical perspective is Copyrightlaws.com. It specialises in teaching copyright to non-lawyers, with users from a wide variety of industry sectors in countries around the world. Courses are delivered through online content, some with video, along with downloadable guides and certification programmes. Sophie Alexander spoke to founder Lesley Ellen Harris to find out how its users benefit and what's coming next.
Mini review of Comintelli Intelligence2day - CI in the cloud
Thursday, 14th March 2019
We explore the latest features of Intelligence2day from Comintelli. A cloud-based competitive intelligence platform, Intelligence2day provides a single point of access to multiple and automates aggregation, classification, search and more. Competitors include Northern Light SinglePoint and M-Brain Intelligence Plaza.
Our in-depth product review of The Business Research Company's Global Market Model concludes with part 4. where we give the Jinfo verdict on the value it offers, as well as looking at the help provided by the company, competitor products, pricing for different types of users, and planned changes for 2019. This database provides integrated market information across 60 geographies and 2,400 market sectors. Competitors include Euromonitor's Passport, MarketLine's Advantage, IBISWorld, BMI Research.
Note: Full review (PDF) at /go/sub/report/3108
Reports by Sophie Alexander:
Market landscape - company information
Wednesday, 2nd October 2019
In this Market Landscape report, Jinfo examines 13 products offered by some of the most respected providers of company information, providing outline...
Company landscape - Lucidea
Monday, 9th September 2019
Lucidea is a leading global provider of knowledge management, collections management and library automation software, providing applications and busin...
Market landscape - media monitoring
Wednesday, 28th August 2019
In this market landscape, we look at products from nine companies in the business intelligence and data visualisation field, updating our previous mar...
Market landscape - market research report providers
Thursday, 22nd August 2019
In this market landscape, we look at 10 market research report providers specialising in online market research for a wide variety of clients in a div...
Market landscape - semantic intelligence and semantic search
Thursday, 25th July 2019
Semantic intelligence and semantic search is a complex space, and our list is not intended to be comprehensive but instead provides a comparison of so...
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"My colleagues and I used your Known Fors activity, and we now have a vision as to who we are going to be. We already achieved ROI... a sincere thanks!" Director of Research and Information Services, international law firm
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - one process, three new tangible benefits
Thursday, 22nd July 2021
- Research update - resolve the frustrations of content portfolio management
Thursday, 8th July 2021
- Research update - what do you want to be known for?
Thursday, 17th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service)
Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics) (Webinar) Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors) (Webinar) Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service) (Webinar) Wednesday, 26th May 2021