My Favourite Tipples from a research consultant
Wednesday, 21st June 2017
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Helen Josephine, a consultant in the library/publishing world and a member of the product advisory group for several publishing and software development companies. She shares her favourite online tools in the area of space and aviation.
The excitement of SpaceX, the journey to Mars and the announcement of the new class of National Astronautics and Space Administration (NASA) astronauts has captured me. Keeping up with the rapidly evolving global space industry is challenging. New companies are entering the marketplace and government agencies are changing their focus. Global data on equipment, flights, launches, missions and satellites are required to facilitate industry-government partnerships and to help newly evaluated companies entering the sector. Sources that can supply photos and videos of launches and space exploration are helping to tell the story.
- NewSpace Global: This is a premier resource for tracking private and public companies in the space industry through reports and updates on the marketing growth for reusable rockets, small satellites and space vehicles. The NewSpace Global Investor report is a deep data dive on the top companies. NewSpace Global's eight verticals, NewSpace Watch and Thruster interviews of companies and industry leaders provide strategic information in a timely and usable format.
- Aviation Week Intelligence Network: Subscription service for all issues of Aviation Week & Space Technology from 1916 to the present, plus downloadable spreadsheets on aerospace and aviation manufacturers, suppliers and the airline industry worldwide. Tracks global companies in the sector with daily news updates and market briefings.
- The Space Report: Data on the global space industry, government policies, and evolving trends in the space workforce is available on subscription from the Space Foundation in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The Space Foundation website also includes information for the general public and educational programming to help promote interest in space exploration.
- NASA: Information on launches, proposed missions, current status of the International Space Station (ISS) and the Journey to Mars mission. Extensive image gallery of photos and videos. Sign up for NASA news briefs on Facebook and other social media or follow them on Twitter @NASA
- European Space Agency (ESA): Their tagline is "United space in Europe". Detailed information on joint missions and current operations. Links to videos, mission updates, photos and interviews. Sign up for the Rocket Science Blog or follow ESA on Twitter @esaoperations and YouTube.
- The Conversation: This is a curated blog authored by academics and professionals worldwide, providing a fresh perspective on issues. Sections included politics, art, religion, education, health, science, technology and more. When I want to explore a topic or check on a possible "fake news" item, I check out The Conversation.
An article in Jinfo which I found particularly interesting:
- I enjoyed Katharine Schopflin's "Network for best effect - whether or not it comes naturally". She provides a useful overview of the best networking options and emphasises that it's best to use all available channels including online and in-person to stay connected with colleagues, vendors and others important to your professional life.
Contribute your "My Favourite Tipples"
- Blog post title: My Favourite Tipples from a research consultant
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Networking for best effect - whether or not it comes naturally
Thursday, 8th June 2017
- My Favourite Tipples from a business intelligence publisher
Wednesday, 7th June 2017
- My Favourite Tipples from a business consultant
Wednesday, 24th May 2017
- My Favourite Tipples from a business growth expert
Wednesday, 10th May 2017
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - aspiring to “strategic”? You’re in good company
Thursday, 18th February 2021
- Research update - assess your strategic portfolio management needs
Thursday, 4th February 2021
- Become a more strategic content portfolio manager
Thursday, 28th January 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Mini review of Global Market Model
Tuesday, 2nd February 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: