Exploring the use of ebooks in pharma and STM
Wednesday, 19th July 2017
Our recent report gives an overview of the relevant ebooks, database platforms and content portals available on biopharma and life sciences, and guides you through their key features. Find out more about the context for ebooks in corporate settings.
Jinfo has just published a report to guide you through the ebook sources, database platforms and content portals relevant to people working in biopharma and life sciences.
The report covers the typical users, the features and values of each platform, pricing information and further coverage that can be found on the Jinfo site.
Jinfo Subscribers can log in now to read "Market landscape - ebook sources and portals for biopharma and life sciences".
The future of training
Ebook use in the training world is widespread as organisations seek to provide the most efficient way to connect with employees worldwide and at home.
More insight into the impact elearning has in today's organisations, along with some creative ways to engage end users can be found in our recent article "Ebooks and elearning - partnering for success".
A 2015 Jinfo article on the use of ebooks across the sectors looked closely at Jinfo's original research covering which industries are leading the way in ebook use in enterprise, and which factors are stimulating growth.
Interestingly, in contrast to the vast use of elearning across the globe, ebook sales have reportedly been dropping and steadying, according to the Association of American Publishers (AAP). It reported that in the first 9 months of 2016, ebook sales in the US dropped by 18.7%, compared to the same period in 2015. Similar results (a 17% drop) were found by the Publishers Association in the UK.
Given this vast market across the globe, we were interested to compile this market landscape of subscription sources for pharma and biotechnology ebooks and portals.
Find out more
There are plenty of eresources available to support organisations in the pharmaceutical and STM arena, and many are covered in this report, from vendors such as EBSCO, ProQuest and McGraw-Hill Medical.
Jinfo Subscribers can log in now to read the market landscape "Ebook sources and portals for biopharma and life sciences".
- Blog post title: Exploring the use of ebooks in pharma and STM
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Ebooks and elearning - partnering for success
Friday, 5th May 2017
- Making the most of ebooks in learning
Tuesday, 16th May 2017
- Market landscape - ebook sources and portals for biopharma and life sciences
Friday, 7th July 2017
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"My colleagues and I used your Known Fors activity, and we now have a vision as to who we are going to be. We already achieved ROI... a sincere thanks!" Director of Research and Information Services, international law firm
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - design your strongest future as a Centre of Excellence
Thursday, 3rd June 2021
- The Information Centre of Excellence – a flexible model of value, resilience and strategy
Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Research update - one step at a time towards developing scorecards
Thursday, 20th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service)
Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step one - map your services to the model)
Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Community deck - negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A
Monday, 26th April 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers (Community) Tuesday, 13th July 2021
- Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors (Community) Tuesday, 15th June 2021
- Scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them (Community) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors) (Webinar) Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service) (Webinar) Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step one - map your services to the model) (Webinar) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: