Insight 1 from Research Focus - get the right stuff
Wednesday, 18th April 2018
In the first insight from our Research Focus, "The information team with the right stuff", we examine why soft skills are so critical to success for today's successful information teams.
The most important skills to cultivate for a successful information team are consulting, communications and persuasion skills.
Don't just think about focusing your team on this goal - create a plan and start to make it happen. Jinfo's "Insights and Actions" report directs you to the tools you need to get there, starting with:
- Identifying the skill gaps you face today and
- Creating team consensus on what future success looks like.
Read about all four recommended steps and get links to the resources we have produced to help you take them, in our Insights and Actions report:
- If you have a Jinfo Subscription, you can sign in here and download the report today
- If you do not yet have a Jinfo Subscription, request your free copy by completing our online form.
- Blog post title: Insight 1 from Research Focus - get the right stuff
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Guide to value in the Jinfo Research Focus "The information team with the right stuff"
Monday, 16th April 2018
- Research Focus Insights and Actions "The information team with the right stuff"
Monday, 9th April 2018
- Jinfo research - rethinking the role of information teams
Monday, 9th April 2018
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: