Facing the ROI challenge? Value chain analysis is the answer
Monday, 27th July 2020
The challenge of connecting information to business goals like efficiency, innovation and generating revenue is top of mind for most information teams. Use Jinfo's framework of analysing value chains to demonstrate ROI, connect information with business outcomes, and develop metrics-based dialogue with stakeholders in terms they understand.
No organisation is going to be successful without having the right information in the right place at the right time. But measuring, communicating and improving the value of information is anything but easy.
For years, Jinfo has worked with information teams on the problems of:
- Demonstrating ROI
- Explaining to decision-makers the costs and value of information access
- Aligning their work with business strategy
- Capturing the right data to tell the value story efficiently and effectively.
The transformative power of analysing your value chain
To help you solve these problems, Jinfo has developed a flexible framework to enable you to analyse your value chain.
The "value chain" describes the activities, steps and conditions of success that enable:
- Revenue generation
- Risk management
- Strategic decision-making.
...among other business goals. The specific goals your internal customers care about define how you approach value chain analysis.
Through value-chain analysis, you'll have a flexible, tailored approach to explaining, measuring and improving the way information works as the lifeblood of your organisation.
Start now with our Focus on Value Chain
Jinfo's Focus on Value Chain provides you with a framework for analysing how information drives value across an organisation.
Our activity-based articles offer step-by-step guidance, helping you ask questions like:
- "What needs to be true for our organisation to consider itself efficient?" (or innovative, or making smart decisions...)
- "What are workers doing when they aim for this goal?"
- "How specifically does information feed each of those steps towards that goal?"
- "What KPIs support this view of success?"
Recorded webinars offer tips on overcoming the common challenges information teams have when they undertake these activities, and Community sessions offer confidential peer-group environments for discussion and brainstorming.
Fast-track your progress with Jinfo Consulting
Consulting on Value Chain ensures that, despite pressures from other directions, you get the full benefit of analysing your value chain efficiently.
Work with a Jinfo analyst on the activities, getting your specific questions answered and tailored guidance specific to your organisation. Accountability to deadlines ensures progress before budget season or other milestones.
- Blog post title: Facing the ROI challenge? Value chain analysis is the answer
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Putting the value chain together
Thursday, 2nd July 2020
- Measurement - selecting and collecting data
Monday, 29th June 2020
- Your contributions to the value chain
Wednesday, 17th June 2020
- How well do you know the value chain?
Tuesday, 16th June 2020
- Defining success through the value chain
Wednesday, 10th June 2020
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Become a more strategic content portfolio manager
Thursday, 28th January 2021
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: