Research update - Let's talk about value and how to communicate it
Thursday, 6th August 2020
Join the conversation on value chain analysis by signing up to one of Jinfo's free online discussions in September and find out how you can use this transformative process to measure against your organisation's goals.
Join the Conversation on Value Chain - your best opportunity to absorb and adapt the principles in Jinfo's value chain framework.
And it does take time to absorb and adapt: during last week's Community session, a small group had the opportunity to "workshop" the activities found in the first few articles in our Focus on Value Chain.
There's nothing like active exchange of ideas to support breakthrough thinking. Within 60 minutes, we had:
- Broken down "efficiency" and "innovation" into real-world user behaviours
- Defined the actions an information team takes, and the products and services it provides, to create those results
- Brainstormed meaningful datapoints a team can use to demonstrate ROI against the goals of efficiency and innovation to stakeholders.
And that's just the beginning: the activities you'll find in the articles in Focus on Value Chain enable you to:
- Run the value chain analysis against your organisation's goals
- Determine which datapoints you need to make your case for value
- Create a plan to get that data
- Develop effective communication tools and methods to close the gap between the value you provide and the perceptions of leadership.
If you want to know how you can get these results, join the Conversation on Value Chain. We can't wait to help you make this transformation.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
- Blog post title: Research update - Let's talk about value and how to communicate it
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Research update - Measure impact - analyse your value chain
Thursday, 23rd July 2020
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: