Research update - Let's talk about value and how to communicate it
Thursday, 6th August 2020
Join the conversation on value chain analysis by signing up to one of Jinfo's free online discussions in September and find out how you can use this transformative process to measure against your organisation's goals.
Join the Conversation on Value Chain - your best opportunity to absorb and adapt the principles in Jinfo's value chain framework.
And it does take time to absorb and adapt: during last week's Community session, a small group had the opportunity to "workshop" the activities found in the first few articles in our Focus on Value Chain.
There's nothing like active exchange of ideas to support breakthrough thinking. Within 60 minutes, we had:
- Broken down "efficiency" and "innovation" into real-world user behaviours
- Defined the actions an information team takes, and the products and services it provides, to create those results
- Brainstormed meaningful datapoints a team can use to demonstrate ROI against the goals of efficiency and innovation to stakeholders.
And that's just the beginning: the activities you'll find in the articles in Focus on Value Chain enable you to:
- Run the value chain analysis against your organisation's goals
- Determine which datapoints you need to make your case for value
- Create a plan to get that data
- Develop effective communication tools and methods to close the gap between the value you provide and the perceptions of leadership.
If you want to know how you can get these results, join the Conversation on Value Chain. We can't wait to help you make this transformation.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
- Blog post title: Research update - Let's talk about value and how to communicate it
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Research update - Measure impact - analyse your value chain
Thursday, 23rd July 2020
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (sources - content and coverage)
Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: