Research update - Measure impact - analyse your value chain
Thursday, 23rd July 2020
To demonstrate and improve value you need to be able to define it. Find out how Jinfo's Focus on Value Chain can help you measure, report and increase the value of your information team.
Measuring, reporting and increasing value is always top-of-mind for information teams.
Focus on Value Chain does what once looked impossible: It gives you a practical framework for analysing the value of information.
In crafting this Focus, we've broken down this challenging work into do-able elements. Here's your recipe to get started:
- Start working on the thought-provoking activities contained in the articles produced in this Focus
- Make time for our 30-minute Webinars (live or recorded) for practitioner guidance on how to complete them
- Join with peers in our Community sessions for a confidential discussion on how they work with and use value chain analysis to focus (and report) on impact.
Fast-track with Consulting on Value Chain
I won't sugar-coat it: analysing a value chain is challenging. It represents a new way of thinking for most information teams, and your first - or even second - efforts can be slow.
Consulting on Value Chain fast-tracks your progress on this business-critical analysis.
Your Jinfo analyst will:
- guide you through a tailored programme of activities
- help you fine-tune your results
- work with you to develop an action plan to shape your operations, metrics and stakeholder relations around value.
Information is the lifeblood of organisations.
Whether your organisation values efficiency, innovation, risk management, repeat business, or new sales, nothing works well without the right information - and the expertise you have to make it available and useful.
Analyse your organisation's value chain, and make your contributions visible.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
- Blog post title: Research update - Measure impact - analyse your value chain
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Research update - risk assessment for every information team
Thursday, 9th July 2020
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Become a more strategic content portfolio manager
Thursday, 28th January 2021
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: