Return on Information Investment - Breakthrough At Last?
12th August 2013
Comment by Gartner that information should be treated as an asset may hearten information managers who have been striving to demonstrate return on investment for years. Developments such as big data and analytics are susceptible to ROI valuation, but increasing privacy concerns may compromise their further growth. Even China is developing a credible data protection regime, the European Union has concerns about the Safe Harbour agreement in the wake of the United States PRISM scandal, and the Economist Intelligence Unit reports that marketers are underestimating customers' privacy concerns. So could Gartner's suggested Bank Of Information finally unlock the discipline of infonomics and put a measurable value on information management of all kinds?
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of Content and Community.
Does your organisation have access to Content and Community?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
- Article title: Return on Information Investment - Breakthrough At Last?
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Five Themes in Understanding Value
Monday, 5th August 2013
- What You Already Know about Value
Friday, 26th July 2013
- Good Guy, Bad Guy - Privacy Spells Opportunity
Wednesday, 5th June 2013
- My data, my rules?
Monday, 17th September 2012
- Making the Case for Knowledge in Financial Services
Friday, 28th June 2013
- FreePint and BST America Explore the ABCs of ROI
Monday, 22nd April 2013
"I never before fully appreciated the role the information service plays in R&D productivity and innovation. This isn't something that benefits our department; this is something that benefits the whole of R&D."
You can make the impact of information on successful R&D visible and measurable, with Value Chain analysis.
Let us help you map Jinfo's Focus areas to your particular challenges with information strategy and operations.
- Gain confidence and trust through new vocabulary
Wednesday, 13th October 2021
- Manage your content portfolio for risk
Monday, 11th October 2021
- Is your content advisory board primed for strategy in 2022?
Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals
Monday, 18th October 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021