Return on Information Investment - Breakthrough At Last?
12th August 2013
Comment by Gartner that information should be treated as an asset may hearten information managers who have been striving to demonstrate return on investment for years. Developments such as big data and analytics are susceptible to ROI valuation, but increasing privacy concerns may compromise their further growth. Even China is developing a credible data protection regime, the European Union has concerns about the Safe Harbour agreement in the wake of the United States PRISM scandal, and the Economist Intelligence Unit reports that marketers are underestimating customers' privacy concerns. So could Gartner's suggested Bank Of Information finally unlock the discipline of infonomics and put a measurable value on information management of all kinds?
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Article title: Return on Information Investment - Breakthrough At Last?
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Five Themes in Understanding Value
Monday, 5th August 2013
- What You Already Know about Value
Friday, 26th July 2013
- Good Guy, Bad Guy - Privacy Spells Opportunity
Wednesday, 5th June 2013
- My data, my rules?
Monday, 17th September 2012
- Making the Case for Knowledge in Financial Services
Friday, 28th June 2013
- FreePint and BST America Explore the ABCs of ROI
Monday, 22nd April 2013
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - aspiring to “strategic”? You’re in good company
Thursday, 18th February 2021
- Research update - assess your strategic portfolio management needs
Thursday, 4th February 2021
- Become a more strategic content portfolio manager
Thursday, 28th January 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Mini review of Global Market Model
Tuesday, 2nd February 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021