Social Media Sources: Misinformation or Goldmine?
20th March 2014
By James Mullan
As information professionals we all know how important it is to provide our clients with the correct information. An incorrect piece of information provided to a client could have potentially disastrous results. However, in the social media sphere knowing what is and isn't the truth, especially in relation to "breaking news" can be hard to determine. So how can researchers and information professionals determine what the truth is in the social media sphere?
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Article title: Social Media Sources: Misinformation or Goldmine?
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Social Media Monitoring: the Options
Tuesday, 25th February 2014
- Could an Enterprise Social Network Make Us Happier?
Friday, 10th January 2014
- DIY Solutions: The Use of Social Media News Aggregation Tools in a Corporate Environment
Thursday, 31st October 2013
- The Story Behind the Headline - Twitter and Google Aim for the Truth
Monday, 2nd September 2013
- Three Fundamentals for Business Research in the Post-Truth Era
Thursday, 15th November 2012
- How Effective is Your Enterprise Social Network?
Friday, 7th February 2014
- Social media, information overload and careful curation
Friday, 4th May 2012
- Web 2.0 - hype and truth
Friday, 18th September 2009
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021