The Right to Anonymity on the Internet
15th July 2014
By James Mullan
Recently there has been a slew of articles discussing the right of individuals to have details about themselves removed from Google search results and the internet. This follows a recent "right to be forgotten" European Court of Justice judgment which ruled that Google must amend some search results at the request of "ordinary" people. James Mullan discusses what rights we have to remain anonymous and looks at the impact for enterprises who are trying to encourage users to post content to enterprise social networks and other social tools.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of Content and Community.
Does your organisation have access to Content and Community?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
- The Right to be Forgotten - Implications for Businesses
Tuesday, 27th May 2014
- Right To Be Forgotten - Good News for Info Pros?
Friday, 23rd May 2014
- What's In It For Me? Dealing with Barriers to Organisational Sharing
Tuesday, 8th October 2013
- Knowledge Management: It's About the Motives
Tuesday, 13th November 2012
- The Phantom: menace or maverick? The psychology of enterprise social media participation
Thursday, 3rd May 2012
- Privacy - more uncertainty and confusion
Saturday, 19th November 2011
- Good news - Google enhances the mind
Friday, 26th February 2010
"I never before fully appreciated the role the information service plays in R&D productivity and innovation. This isn't something that benefits our department; this is something that benefits the whole of R&D."
You can make the impact of information on successful R&D visible and measurable, with Value Chain analysis.
Let us help you map Jinfo's Focus areas to your particular challenges with information strategy and operations.
- Gain confidence and trust through new vocabulary
Wednesday, 13th October 2021
- Manage your content portfolio for risk
Monday, 11th October 2021
- Is your content advisory board primed for strategy in 2022?
Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals
Monday, 18th October 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021