What Does it Take To Do Visualisation Well?
24th March 2015
By Andrew Lucas
Andrew Lucas considers how to make information visible and provides guidance on what it takes to do visualisation well. He also take a step-by-step approach to how you go about using visualisation tools (many of which are free) to turn data into graphics such as maps, charts, timelines and infographics. The visualisation features of products such as Tableau Software and NewsEdge are considered. He also highlights some of the free web data sources.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Article title: What Does it Take To Do Visualisation Well?
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Mini Review of Tableau Desktop
Thursday, 19th March 2015
- Q&A with Lucidworks - Creating Actionable Insights from Data
Tuesday, 17th March 2015
- Moving from Passive Visibility to Active Viewing
Monday, 16th March 2015
- Q&A with InfoDesk - Visibility Within the Organisation
Friday, 6th March 2015
- Mini Review of NewsEdge Visualisation Features
Friday, 27th February 2015
- Q&A with Acquire Media - Visualisation Delivers the Insight You Need
Monday, 16th February 2015
- Presenting Research Results
Friday, 23rd January 2015
- Tableau Desktop - Visualising Business Intelligence
Friday, 20th March 2015
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - aspiring to “strategic”? You’re in good company
Thursday, 18th February 2021
- Research update - assess your strategic portfolio management needs
Thursday, 4th February 2021
- Become a more strategic content portfolio manager
Thursday, 28th January 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Mini review of Global Market Model
Tuesday, 2nd February 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021